Off-Topic

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
How's Everyone Going In Melbourne?
How's the weather treating everyone? I hope everyone is OK.
Anyone come home to power outs or wind damage?
It looks pretty shitfull down there at the moment.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
All good here. Mind you, I have my power outage alarm all set and was actually awaiting the message to come through to my mobile any minute all day.

No shortage of wind and rain - but it has saved me sweeping up outside, so - can't complain!

Hope all others are ok?

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Massive winds and rain here as well, had a couple of brief power flickers so tense for a little while but no outages thankfully :)

Nate

Sep 18, 2012
i live on the Mornington Peninsula..... spending this week on Hamilton isle, i have to say i got a little sun burnt this morn :)

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Adelaide been shocking too. No power off yet but went and bought a generator for the worse storms to come on the weekend. Question please. Know how to keep tank cool during summer outage. How the hell do you keep warm through winter ???

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
@Lesley - try and keep as much heat in the tank as possible - wrap the tank in blankets etc as insulation. Heat water on a BBQ etc and put bottles of hot water in the sump.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
@Lesley - try and keep as much heat in the tank as possible - wrap the tank in blankets etc as insulation. Heat water on a BBQ etc and put bottles of hot water in the sump.
Thanks for that, I thought of hot bottles in the sump but my thoughts were if there was no return pump working how does that actually help or am i not getting something. ? lol

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Thanks for that, I thought of hot bottles in the sump but my thoughts were if there was no return pump working how does that actually help or am i not getting something. ? lol
Nope, you are absolutely correct :banghead It appears I should have been in bed rather than replying to your post - putting the bottles in your tank might have been a better idea.