Reef Discussion

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Hydra 52 Hd
New light go on the new tank today, any advise as to how far off the water line to hang them? tank is 4x2x2

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
I use the D-D Slimline bracket for mine (hydra 52 not HD) and adjusted it to be around 20 or so cms from the water line

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
New light go on the new tank today, any advise as to how far off the water line to hang them? tank is 4x2x2
WELL so much to these lights I think I will be packing them up and taking back to the shop today, I have spent 3 days trying to get them to work, need something with a button on it

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
When i had them i also was about 20cm off the surface. They take a bit of fiddling to get working. But once they are going the amount of control you get is insane. And all from your phone!
Never regretted getting them even after dealing with all the issues

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
When i had them i also was about 20cm off the surface. They take a bit of fiddling to get working. But once they are going the amount of control you get is insane. And all from your phone!
Never regretted getting them even after dealing with all the issues
my child one is blinking blue, it is saying fails to connect to the network, the parent one is connected, for 3 days have been trying to find out from the support people what to do ...no reply , have send messages and phone call to where i purchased them....no answer back:banghead

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
Can you swap them around so the slave is the master and vice versa? have you also tried a reset on the slave?

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Hey Susan, I have the Prime so the smaller version of yours, are you trying to connect directly to the wifi on the light?

There is a serial number on the light that correspond to the wifi signal the light is putting out so need to make sure you're connected to the master light if that's how you're running things.

On my prime there is a button you can hold this down for 3 seconds to reset the wifi. Had to do it once on my prime and i'd think the hydra would be the same. Just read theres a factory reset if you hold it down for 10 seconds as well if all else fails

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Thanks guys, I have them working finally, what setting would you recommend I start on please?