Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I Am Back!
After a bit of a detour back to freshwater hobbies I kind of needed to make the choice between the two passions of mine.
I kind of worked out that I cannot put an Amano style together and look at fifty shades of green all day.
While I was away I learnt how to keep very challenging freshwater shrimp that was rewarding to learn, but too many tank syndrome took over my life meaning my reef got neglected.

So here I am clean slate, no fishtank room and I keep the outdoor pond. This time baby we going to recreate art , using all destination control systems I can get my hands on. Welcome to my new tank journal , please subscribe !!!!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I didn't realise you had gone :)
I have gone slightly mad, that's what's happened , spending six hours , pulling apart a breeding rack last Saturday will do that to you. Spent three hours yesterday pulling apart the office tank that I maintain for a move to new office space.
Been planning this new aquascape in my mind for ages.

Since the tank no longer graces the chairmans lounge a zen planted jungle is no longer required.
The new tank position is in the break out area near the kitchen .

The brief I got from the office manager was " I want a pirate ship, a diver and a treasure chest."
I promised all the above and thought about it for a few weeks.

Then it occurred to me that she wanted something funky and fun in the breakout area.

I came back to her with the concept, my quote was approved and here we are today.
The most exciting freshwater tank I have ever done.
Only a couple of hours and I get to piece it together. I am excited :)

Last edited:

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Here is the result, got frog bits floating in the surface , need more floating plants with trailing roots to complete the picture.

Oh btw the company logo is orange and they are an oil and gas producer.