Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I Now Own The Tank!
GUESS WHO HAS A NEW TANK :D

Well after a long day of driving all around Victoria haha I was finally able to pick the tank up this afternoon and I am stoked with it :D I am so excited for the upgrade and having, what I feel is, a HEAP more room for activities!!

Enough with my silly nonsense and now for some photo's that I've actually taken of the new tank!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_20150820_184108_zpszus0cqqn.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_20150825b9e25034be3ae0b97b17ad6b3e5fdab.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_20150820_184059_zpsytddhbh4.jpg

While I don't mind the corner overflow toooo much I'm definitely thinking about some work to make it external :brb I literally cannot contain my excitement here!

Reactions: Tan

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Since the laundry basket is empty , you are now allowed to play with your new toy!
Congrats on the tank.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
yeah. cant wait to see what amazing things you do with this one. Nice !

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
@Wrangy you have a pool table, why the hell haven't you volunteered to hold the next Reefuge meet???:cool:

Oh... and nice tank too. :)

jart

Apr 10, 2015
Congrats on the new tank. Lots more room there. :cool:

Will you be setting it up in a different part of the room/house? ie. are you going to set up the new tank while the old one is still running? Going to keep two? :p

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Since the laundry basket is empty , you are now allowed to play with your new toy!
Congrats on the tank.
haha the washing line is full though, can I have ten minutes? Plleeaasseee, just ten minutes?!?

yeah. cant wait to see what amazing things you do with this one. Nice !
I'm so hoping it turns out how I've got it pictured in my mind haha one half to two thirds of the tank nice and tall with acro's sprouting everywhere and then a lower section with clams and zoa's spread out so that the fish also have a large open swimming space :)

@Wrangy you have a pool table, why the hell haven't you volunteered to hold the next Reefuge meet???:cool:

Oh... and nice tank too. :)
haha it's terribly uneven and I know which pocket it rolls towards ;) that's why :P

Thanks lol I'm really happy with the quality!

Looking forward to seeing the new tanks journey :)
Me too, thanks :)

Congrats mate. Isn't it funny that nothing escapes the eyes of reefuge members.
Yes, you bloody bastards miss nothing :p haha just like non of us can stay on topic for very long haha hopefully the tank can turn as nicely as your's! It's one of the reasons I got this tank!

Congrats on the new tank. Lots more room there. :cool:

Will you be setting it up in a different part of the room/house? ie. are you going to set up the new tank while the old one is still running? Going to keep two? :p
Yes, lots more room for lots more fish and coral :D
Similar spot and it'll be a change over, can't afford to run two tanks at once haha time and moneywise! Well I could spare the time but not the money :p

looks awesome, and give me a yell if you need help!
Will do :) I appreciate the offer!

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I love my 57 rimless, but it's only 45cm wide, I'd love for it to be 60cm wide to have that little bit more swimming space for critters.

Oh yea, damn nice tank!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I love my 57 rimless, but it's only 45cm wide, I'd love for it to be 60cm wide to have that little bit more swimming space for critters.

Oh yea, damn nice tank!
I think any tanks I'll own will always have to be at least 600mm wide and no less or more than 550-600mm tall as anything smaller seems a little odd to me and has it's impracticalities too

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
My new cube is 510mm tall which is fine sine the only thing it's going to house is ritteri anemones, it's about as short as I'd want to go.