Tank Journal Archive

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
Haha, good question!

Took a heap of photos, changed a lot of things as i went, pretty sure these were: 1/160 - F/5.6 - ISO 400, i took them into Photoshop (i have an older copy of Elements 9) and did an auto adjust to filter out some blue and brighten a little to get them to where they are now.

With the D5100 i can manually set white balance, however I cant for the life of me get it to set in the water and no idea why. These were taken at around noon, with lights at their peak (for the settings I'm using anyway).

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Haha, good question!

Took a heap of photos, changed a lot of things as i went, pretty sure these were: 1/160 - F/5.6 - ISO 400, i took them into Photoshop (i have an older copy of Elements 9) and did an auto adjust to filter out some blue and brighten a little to get them to where they are now.

With the D5100 i can manually set white balance, however I cant for the life of me get it to set in the water and no idea why. These were taken at around noon, with lights at their peak (for the settings I'm using anyway).
What are you putting in the water to manually set the white balance?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
these were: 1/160 - F/5.6 - ISO 400, i took them into Photoshop (i have an older copy of Elements 9) and did an auto adjust to filter out some blue and brighten a little to get them to where they are now
Yep nice, you can see the sharpness from the 1/160th shutter speed. Looks great!

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
What are you putting in the water to manually set the white balance?
I've tried with both a white and grey plastic sheet, i think the issue is focusing on the card though the glass, and having the camera set correctly to take a photo it can measure the white balance with.

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
Definitely better :)

There still looks to be a blue colour cast - does this help ?

To be honest, these are pretty true to color, I did play around with removing the color cast but on each of these photos it completely changed the shot and ruined all the colors.

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
Banggai's aren't that colour :rolleyes

I will have a play tonight and show you what I am talking about...
All good mate, i can play around a bit, don't stress about it too much. I'm not trying to win awards here just yet.

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
I had a play around and achieved the same shot (more or less) but removing the colour cast, I think its almost a little much though :p. I'd love to get it somewhere in between, I think its the background more than anything, it all just looks a little too stark and almost over exposed o_0. But I have the general idea and will certainly see how other shots come out in the future. :D