News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Images posted
Hi everyone,

As you are all aware, we prefer images to be hosted on The Reefuge as opposed to photobucket or other third party services. The reason for this, is that if something ever happens to a photobucket account it will affect the way posts are viewed here on The Reefuge.

I would like all users to start using our server to host their images on. There are no restrictions on image size, and all images should be high resolution. This is a no cost feature, as all the features of The Reefuge are.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Good idea glad to hear, this is very good for a business we see this as extra value!
Hi Aquadepot,

Bandwidth and space are not really an issue here. Both can be purchased if need be. The idea is that if everything is high quality (high res images, etc), it not only allows for the site to grow, but saves people the need to buy premium image services. So please, feel free to upload to your hearts desire.

Thanks.

Aquadepot

Jul 18, 2011
Perth
For those like me who are not sure this is useful

If you would like to upload files to The Reefuge, you can do so by clicking on "Upload File(s)" under your reply box. You can upload a single file, or if you select multiple files, you can upload them all at the same time.

Also, there is no need to resize your photos. The forums will automatically resize them to suit the forums look. Once a user clicks on the image, it will open up to its actual size.

There is also a new feature called My Attachments. You can access this page by going to your username in the top right, and in the dropdown box you will see "My Attachments".

This allows you to view and search all your previous uploads to The Reefuge. If you would like to re-use an image on another thread, you can simply click on Insert Image (The little photo of a tree) in your reply box, and then link your image from your manager.

So, for example, I go to My Attachments and I find a logo I have uploaded. I click on it, and it sends me to this address http://www.thereefuge.com/board/attachments/logo-png.2555/

I can then copy that address and then insert an image to this post, pasting the address in the "Enter Image URL" box. Once I have done that, I should get....

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Do you mean this kind of posting?
ai.imgur.com_67kFO.png

If so am I the only one here that has issues viewing? When I click one it loads the gallery, but sticks ... not sure if it is trying to load all pictures before loading or what, but I get annoyed and close before it ever loads.
ai.imgur.com_Pq8qW.png

I'll try to think of the Reefuge feature when posting pics, but I tend to automatically upload from Sony PMB to PicasaWeb so I can share on here and elsewhere. And/or use imgur.com (like above) because I have Chrome extensions that make it so easy - Imgur>Capture Area>Select Area, Image is uploaded.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi chimaera,

That is because they have been posted as thumbnails. If you look at your images once they are uploaded, you will see that there are options next to them. If you click "insert as full image" it will post it directly into the thread. If you have a lot of images uploaded, there is a batch "insert all images as full" button.

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi everyone,

The image MTG posted is a large image. As you can see, it is automatically resized to fit the forums design. If you put your cursor over it and click it, it will expand to full size. If you click it again, it will resize itself. Depending on which part of the image you click, it will zoom in to full size where you clicked the image.

Thanks.

Damo

Jun 4, 2012
Ipswich
im having issues trying to upload images. Im on a mac using safari, couldnt get it to work, i then switched over to chrome and no dice there does the reefuge have a preferred browser at all?

V

'vspec'

yes we're working on our own to knock the major players off their perch.
Still fighting over the title, so I said i would fight neo in the matrix for it

V

'vspec'

DavidS or thereefuge

Do we know if there is an issue with the macs, Pc is a flash issue, just wondering if there is anything we're aware of so we can advise Damo

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi Damo,

There seems to be an issue with the latest release of Flash. If you downgrade your Adobe Flash, it should work again. Unfortunately this is out of our control, and we are waiting for a release of Flash that will fix their problems.

Thanks.