NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Instant quarantine....
areefbuilders.com_wp_content_blogs.dir_1_files_coral_2_safety_stop_bluelife.jpg

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/09/26/safety-stop-bluelife-usa/#more-62988

"
Safety Stop is a new product from Blue Life USA which is billed as “instant fish quarantine”. The veterinarian-formulated Safety Stop is the first commercial product to offer the benefits of dipping fish in a solution which helps to knock off and kill a broad range of common reef fish parasites. Safety Stop is especially formulated to treat saltwater and freshwater ailments including Ich & Cryptocaryon, Velvet, skin, gill and eye flukes, Chilodinella, Brooklynella, Uronema, Turbellarians and many more. While its certainly better to quarantine all new fish before putting them in the aquarium, some aquarists simply cannot have a dedicated quarantine aquarium and using a prophylactic fish dip like Safety Stop is better than not doing anything at all.
Even in the case of using a quarantine aquarium to house and condition new incoming reef fish, some delicate species like fairy wrasses and anthias don’t take too kindly to being constantly bathed in noxious formalin and/or copper. With some trial and error it may be better for delicate reef fish to be quarantined in an aquarium separate from the main display but instead of being constantly treated, they could be carefully dipped in a product like Safety Stop every few days to knock back potential parasites.
Safety Stop consists of two separate dips, a part A and a Part B which should not be mixed but instead are like a one-two punch against external infections. Each part of Safety Stop should be diluted into its own gallon of aquarium water and can be used multiple times for a period of several hours before needing to be discarded. While the die hard reefers will most likely opt to go through a full length quarantining period, retailers and aquarium maintenance service companies could see huge potential in the use of the instant fish dip Safety Stop. Blue Life USA will be showing off Safety Stop instant fish quarantine solution at MACNA and it will retail for $4.99 per package."

I dont know if there are any plans to bring this to oz, but it may prevent a few issues

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I have been trying to find out what the active ingredients are in it, I am somehow thinking one of them is still a quinnine base but maybe a stronger dose?

Reef6

Jul 29, 2012
Gladstone
Hmmm, very interesting.. i would be very keen if this works.. $10 per order of fish and I could guarantee them not to be carrying disease.

Salty

Jun 6, 2012
I'm guessing praziquantal as an ingredient :) however I wouldn't buy a mystery $4.99 insurance policy for any of my fish, rare or not, at least you know what's in copper and can adjust the dose. I would also take into consideration:
- Doesn't state to do anything about bacterial infections
- the procedure sound to massively increase fish stress levels
- the package says it all, "HELP prevent", not "STOPS"

I do hope I'm wrong and that this is as good as it states, would def. save a lot of hassles :)