Help / Suggestions

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
iPhone 4s forum help
Hi guys,

I love this place and visit it daily, my iPhone seems to hunt for the most up to date info every 3 seconds when i am signed in , this frustrates me as it can't keep up sometimes and jumps around with a lot of background pics and crap.
What app do I need to view my favourite forum without me getting angry with my phone.

Best regards
Nils

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @slin1977,

Can you please go into further detail about what the exact problems you are facing are. Other users with iPhones may be able to help you with this issue. I would also like to know, did this issue start with the introduction of the new chatbar?

I don't like users using it, but Tapatalk is supported by The Reefuge. You can install it and view the forums that way, but again, you will lose a lot of features.

Thanks.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Have you got safari in privacy mode? I have issues with safari (hence one of the reasons why I use tapatalk) but as a browser I find chrome works better for this site.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I noticed it started at the same time as the launch with the new chat bar.
Which incidentally I cannot use with my phone.
When I reply to posts it gets about halfway into the chat bar and I loose the text.
I can't for the life of me get rid of the chat bar.
Seems like the page viewing does not fit my phone screen.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I have spoken to a few mass members and one of the reasons why they stay on the masa forum is the "jumpy" constant updating on the phone.
Since 90 percent of my time spent on forums is on my mobile , this is the format I want to use in the future.
That last sentence went blank on my phone screen for about 10 sec while it updated on 3G.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
After posting that message my phone froze for ages and I lost my log in on the Reefuge forum.
10 mins plus to write 3 simple posts...
Frustrating the hell out of me .

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
download tapatalk and add the reefuge forum.
also can you try download firefox on your phone and give it a go on that and let me know how it goes ?

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
download tapatalk and add the reefuge forum.
also can you try download firefox on your phone and give it a go on that and let me know how it goes ?
Thanks for the tip L1
Browsing with my wife's phone this morning and experiencing the same phenomenon.
Screen freezing , and delays in loading text.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I use a 4s and have no issues, weird.

I have tapatalk but like was mentioned above you lose the features, I only use it to add pics from my phone.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

I have looked into the issue, and by chance found a compatibility error for a javascript file with mobile devices. I am not certain this is connected to the issue, but I have disabled the use of the chatbar for mobile devices.

Can users who were having issues please update on if the issues are now resolved.

I have also disabled the live update, this should stop users from getting reload issues on the iPhone.

Thanks.