Tank Journal Archive

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
It's Been A While!
As the title suggests it has been a while since i have done an update. The tank is going well with a few ups and downs, but mostly ups. My light died a couple of months ago and have now upgraded to a power module 6 x 54w. In the time between old and new lights I lost my clam and my Tri-colour Acro, which was disappointing but not much I could do. Since installing the new light everything in the tank is going fantastic!

A couple of the old residents and a couple of the new!

Lammarcks Angel that has doubled in size since I have had him.
IMG_6028.jpg

New Yellow Tang
IMG_6023 copy.jpg

New Lineatus Fairy Wrasse
IMG_6015 copy.jpg

Spotted Mandarin has also doubled in size.
IMG_6050 copy.jpg

Decorator Urchin scouting a pretty cool hair do.
IMG_6008.jpg

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
What a shame you lost your clam ? Out of interest how long did you have to go without the lights for the clam to be lost ?
Love your green spotted dragonet....they are my favorites just beautiful

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
What a shame you lost your clam ? Out of interest how long did you have to go without the lights for the clam to be lost ?
Love your green spotted dragonet....they are my favorites just beautiful
The Sunpower ended up running on 2 tubes only and then I had a lone unit over the tank whilst they tried to fix it for about 6 weeks. So about 10 weeks of dodgy light all up.
Saying that, I have no proof that that is the reason but the only 2 things I lost were the clam and acro.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
The Sunpower ended up running on 2 tubes only and then I had a lone unit over the tank whilst they tried to fix it for about 6 weeks. So about 10 weeks of dodgy light all up.
Saying that, I have no proof that that is the reason but the only 2 things I lost were the clam and acro.
Well that's a shame. Other than that looking good !!!!

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
A few more shots.

My Devils Hand that is now four times the size of when I got it.
IMG_6161.jpg

Half tank shot. Sorry about the dirty glass.
IMG_6163.jpg

Another new Wrasse.
IMG_6116.jpg

IMG_6134 copy.jpg

Had a small bunch of Zoas that have now spread up the weir.
IMG_6132 copy.jpg