Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
It's Done! The Diy Mesh Cover!
IMG-20130906-WA0012.jpg
Have never made anything for my tank before so DIY is really new to me. It isn't perfect to how I want it.. but its doing the job.

Hope this will stop my future blenny and watchmen gobies from jumping..still have to make a small covering where the over flow is..but for now...this will do.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Looks good!

Though appears you had the same issue I did? Busted some of the netting along the side?
Thanks dude...making this annoyed the heck out of me. The mesh didn't stay in place..so I tried to make it as tight as possible..it's tight enough but...the mesh isn't exactly paralleled if you get me bro.

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
looks pretty nice jimmy shouldve done a DIY thread :p
Haha, thanks bro, yeah...I raged it a few times..when sawing it..throwing it around..and than... "Oh shit... I need that" also when putting the mesh in...the thing was pre folded..so wouldn't lay flat..

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Haha, thanks bro, yeah...I raged it a few times..when sawing it..throwing it around..and than... "Oh shit... I need that" also when putting the mesh in...the thing was pre folded..so wouldn't lay flat..
yeah i hate that about mesh so annoying!

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Really doubt it. Unless its a cod or full size tang..but those fish are really jumpers. Fish like wrasses..blennys..and gobys..won't be able to knock it off its base.