News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Last Update For 2011
Hello everyone,

Well, what a fast paced time it has been here. Over the last five and a bit months there have been many changes on this little website, with many more to come in 2012. The plan for 2012 is to expand, and to expand at the fastest pace we possibly can. From a little website, it will grow into a big one.

As a webmaster of many, many different sites over the years, I have never seen a site grow as fast as this one has. From zero members, zero posts, zero threads on the 15th of July, we are now almost at 300 members, 1,464 threads, and 18,884 posts, with 1,414 images uploaded.

This is a great goal to have achieved in a little under six months. A small part of it has to do with the "outside the box" thinking the staff members and members are trying to implement here. Constantly thinking of new ways to improve the sites functionality, and coming up with new ideas for new sections of the website. There is always something in development, whether it be core programming, or new sections for the site such as a shop, a usergroup, etc.

The main part has to do with the userbase itself. Never before have I seen users of any website so eager to help each other out. The feel of this community is very relaxed, casual, and extremely friendly. This is unique in itself as the WWW is a big place, and everyone who is a part of the WWW sits behind a screen that can say anything they like, and there is almost never any repercussions.

The mere fact that total strangers are so eager to help each other in times of need, or to give their advice in a friendly manner goes beyond the boundaries of the website. If all of society functioned like this website is functioning at this point, we would be living in a much happier world.

For this, I can not put into words how much I thank everyone who has helped make this place the way it is. Thank you to all the members who visit on a regular basis. Thank you to all the members who post and help out one another. It is because of you that The Reefuge is the way it is.

I would like to say thank you to the Content Team. Most of your work goes unseen as it is in hidden parts of the website where users can not access. Next year it will be available to the public. Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into this site. I know it is very time consuming and a pain, and you are all doing a fantastic job. You are adding big building blocks to this site, and without you, expansion would simply not be possible. Thank you so, so much.

My moderating staff - You have done a great job. Your suggestions and ideas is what helps drive this place. You take on huge responsibilities I give you without thinking twice about it. Thank you very much for running this place. I believe through your actions, users finding this site are the type of users we want here. You have done a really great job, and I am very happy to be running this website with you guys working here.

I have never been more proud of any community. Everyone here does their little bit to make The Reefuge a better place than it was the previous day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

On behalf of the entire team at The Reefuge, we would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. Please stay safe during the holiday period.

See you all in 2012.

Thanks.