Tank Journal Archive

Damo84

Apr 18, 2016
Let There Be Light!
So my light arrived yesterday from Makemyled.com.au all i can say is WOW
What a great LED set up with auto dimmmer and the software to program it is so easy to use.
I borrowed someone elses lighting schedule from google and i ran it last night and this morning.
I have a lot of cables to hide i think i will do it with a curtain system.
20160517_154400.jpg

Apr 10, 2014
I had always intended to use makemyled if I set up a marine tank. You are the first person on the reefuge That is using their led setups that I have read. Seems like a good system, good luck with it.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I will be interested to see how this goes.

How deep is your tank, and what corals are you planning to keep?

My main concern is that the LED's are only being driven at 450mA, with a statement that this is the 'sweet spot' for these LED's. Manufacturers usually use low current as it results in less heat and thus they can use a smaller heatsink (which are expensive to buy and transport) or not use fans (which are expensive for good ones).

These lights should be fine for corals that require low to medium levels of light but you might struggle with some of the more demanding ones.

Damo84

Apr 18, 2016
Im about to find out how it goes but there is a heck of alot of light when the thing is at max power it makes my other t5 4x 54w look like its off. The tank is 50cm deep.
Im only looking at low to medium light corals at the moment but in the future i might try something high in the tank and see how it goes.