Reef Discussion

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Lobo Needs A Bandaid
Just when you think things are running "perfect" you happen to tell someone that things are going great and then shit happens, so I blame @macca_75

1. Ive had this Lobo for years and only this weeks its developed a hole, I must say from the pic Ive just taken it does look like it might be trying to regenerate, however now the lights have been on for a couple of hours the skeleton is all exposed. Suppose I just cross my fingers and hope for the best ?
IMG_0552.JPG

To top it off Ive also lost my hammer, they have never looked better over the last couple of months and they expand huge, however the one on the right must of decided he did not like his next door neighbor. lights had only been on 1/2 hour probably not the best time to take a snap.

IMG_0558.JPG

I know I wanted to get some more room for some additonal corals however did not anticipate I would be killing some off :(

Last edited:

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
actually funny you mention it. The Saturday of the frag day I came home and noticed the tank didn't quite look right - couldn't put my finger on it.

Next day Brown jelly took my torch out.

Nothing to do with the Frag day as it looks off before I added any of the frags to the tank - but what a co-incidence.

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Im going to have to crack out the test kits and do a check.... Kinda scared as i have not done any readings for a few months, :eek Although with auto dosing and nsw auto change its been incredibly stable... Better not talk too soon though !

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I am always pleasantly surprised when I procrastinate testing my water for a few months and when I finally do the levels are spot on. That Auto water changer was the best thing I ever did :)

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I am always pleasantly surprised when I procrastinate testing my water for a few months and when I finally do the levels are spot on. That Auto water changer was the best thing I ever did :)
They are taking off, more and more tanks in Aus are being setup this way now

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
3 weeks have gone by and the lobo "hole" has nearly recovered. I can only assume something tore the flesh off as it is starting to regenerate which is awesome and cover the skeleton.