Help / Suggestions

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hi Fishy,

Thanks for sharing that. We can add it to the wiki, as it is going to be shared with the network. brendore.

Thanks.

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
No problems

Also looking at a online diary, for tank records, that can have feedback as to ideal levels etc... Might be a bit morehands on though.
This is kinda like the new up and coming tank journal section I think... From what I understand of the new system it will be much more like a diary and people will be able to comment on your updates but the focus/flow will concentrate on the main updates. This will allow you to use it very much like a "tank diary" with a log of your test results, observations etc.

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
This is kinda like the new up and coming tank journal section I think... From what I understand of the new system it will be much more like a diary and people will be able to comment on your updates but the focus/flow will concentrate on the main updates. This will allow you to use it very much like a "tank diary" with a log of your test results, observations etc.
Will load it up when i can get into it

ryanr

Jun 2, 2012
Templestowe
Nice checklist!

I might add, I do not see the need for weekly tests of NH3 and NO2 - once cycled, you can almost throw these kits away (IMO)
I would add PO4 to weekly checks (esp for a Reef)

The rest just tells me I really need a weekend for some sump maintenance/cleaning :(

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Where does it list "Daily: Remove substrate from acans that pain in the arse blenny likes to drop on them"?

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Lol, well that thought did cross my mind, but then I thought, mmmm, could be good for newbies.
We should have a section just for people new to reefing. I was thinking of doing some short vids on how to maintain a tank, How to adjust new fish and corals ect like a video wiki and you cant comment or it would get very messy. I know there is stuff on you tube but it would be great to have everything on this forum as a one stop shop for help.

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
We should have a section just for people new to reefing. I was thinking of doing some short vids on how to maintain a tank, How to adjust new fish and corals ect like a video wiki and you cant comment or it would get very messy. I know there is stuff on you tube but it would be great to have everything on this forum as a one stop shop for help.
I am sure that you could start a thread with a seies of videos in it. If you "reserve" the first page of posts you should have enough room to add as many videos as you need without it getting cluttered with comments on the first page. I am sure if you do a good job of the videos it will get stickied... Maybe speak to someone like MTG or NiCd for their advice/help/opinions...