News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
May Update
Hello everyone,

I would like to share with you some new features that are being upgraded in the core. I will leave Gold, Tank Journals and the Frag Cell Program out of this update, but will focus on the core instead.

Editor

• Fully Responsive Editor (it will work well for mobile devices, as well as adjusting for the size of your screen and tablet)
  • Pasting Images (it will allow you to paste an image directly into the editor and upload upon posting)
  • Drag and Drop (it will allow you to drag images from your desktop/explorer and dump them right into the editor)
  • Auto Save (it will save a copy of what you have typed. If you reload, your message will not be lost)
  • Displays if new messages have been posted since you started typing your message. If there have been, you can display the messages without reloading the page.
They are the main changes that will take place. Oh, and the editor is so powerful that users (if they wish to spend the time) will be able to make their posts look like articles.

EDIT: If anyone would like to test drive the new editor, you can find the demo at http://imperavi.com/redactor/
EDIT #2: For those of you who have not, please like us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/thereefuge/

Thanks.

Fishy

Sep 1, 2012
Launceston
@thereefuge here's a thought if the script allows for it.

Same as facebook when multiple browser windows are open, if there is a notification on the page that is not being viewed...it shows as i.e. The Reefuge (1)

just a thought when I had three windows open and not viewing FB or TR

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
@thereefuge here's a thought if the script allows for it.

Same as facebook when multiple browser windows are open, if there is a notification on the page that is not being viewed...it shows as i.e. The Reefuge (1)

just a thought when I had three windows open and not viewing FB or TR
It used to do that. I have since re-installed everything on my comp and it doesnt do it anymore.... I wonder if its a browser issue or it @thereefuge has changed it?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
I think that was with one of the trial chat systems we were using
The only thing that annoys me about the new chat is the way I browse, which is to have multiple tabs open at once. When I get a message it 'pops' multiple times, once for each window. And I also find that updates made in one window don't reliably carry through to another.

But for a browser based chat option, it does the job pretty well.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
The only thing that annoys me about the new chat is the way I browse, which is to have multiple tabs open at once. When I get a message it 'pops' multiple times, once for each window. And I also find that updates made in one window don't reliably carry through to another.

But for a browser based chat option, it does the job pretty well.
Hello @chimaera,

Agreed. It is a pain when browsing with multiple tabs open (I too browse in this fashion). The sounds is not really a problem, as you can turn them off via the little settings. I have looked inside the code and it will be a massive job getting it to work with multiple tabs. The time is simply better spent on other things.

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Hello @chimaera,

Agreed. It is a pain when browsing with multiple tabs open (I too browse in this fashion). The sounds is not really a problem, as you can turn them off via the little settings. I have looked inside the code and it will be a massive job getting it to work with multiple tabs. The time is simply better spent on other things.

Thanks.
At least I learned I can turn the sounds off - thanks :D