Tank Journal Archive

Ben Daley

/dev/null
Dec 23, 2016
Melbourne
Meet Loki
A few days ago I picked up this guy (Exquisite Wrasse) from Williamstown Aquarium.
He's the first of the 4 fairy wrasse males planned for this tank, which he is currently sharing with a pair of Chromis.
We've decided to name him Loki.

adrive_google_com_uc_ed0ccb00c115cd1cab93b3cfbe5e9f3c._.jpg

He has been eating like a pig but is still a bit shy. With each passing day he's been getting bolder and colours have improved.

This is the best picture that I've been able to get of him so far (I adjusted the colour balance to reduce the blue). Once he's out more I'll try for a better photo.

Last edited:

Ben Daley

/dev/null
Dec 23, 2016
Melbourne
What are the other 3 boys your putting in with him?
Jordani and Lineatus are in.
Originally I was keen on a Scotts for the fourth, but have concerns he will be too aggressive... currently undecided between a pintail (isosceles/lanceolatus) or rhomboidalis.

brendan88

Jul 3, 2015
Jordani and Lineatus are in.
Originally I was keen on a Scotts for the fourth, but have concerns he will be too aggressive... currently undecided between a pintail (isosceles/lanceolatus) or rhomboidalis.
I would say dont put the scotts in, between their jumping and aggression he may cause you issues

Ive never had an issue with our lanceolatus. Very placid

@Wrangy could advise on his experience with rhomboid

shaidas

Jan 30, 2017
Looks exquisite but Loki is supposed to be God of mischief Name him that and you are in trouble.:p. How about Poseidon instead.. God of Oceans

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
My Rhomboid has been a gem :) doesn't care about anyoje else and isn't shy. That being said he's only just started turning into a fully fledged male so thing might change a little. Lanceolatus are very pretty and placid wrasse :)