Tank Journal Archive

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
More Electrical
Put the tank on its own circuit today (well my sparky mate did). This way if a hair straightener is left on and shorts, my fish and coral don't die :)
Also popped an outlet for the avast swabbie closer to the skimmer so I don't have to dig it out of the power centre. That outlet is connected to a timer so it only runs a few minutes each day.

Starting to come together :)
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sam

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Put the tank on its own circuit today (well my sparky mate did). This way if a hair straightener is left on and shorts, my fish and coral don't die :)
Also popped an outlet for the avast swabbie closer to the skimmer so I don't have to dig it out of the power centre. That outlet is connected to a timer so it only runs a few minutes each day.

Starting to come together :)
View attachment 38895
View attachment 38897
View attachment 38899
Sam
Smooth...question...what's the remote for?

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Remote control water changes, I love it!! Fully automated ones, even better haha

Hope the family is doing well to mate! :)
Tank has new NSW hard plummed from back shed, fresh water plumbed from laundry and 3 waste lines (RODI waste, skimmer drain and water change drain) so that I don't have to use any buckets to change water. Was always the plan after getting over the whole bucket thing with the RSM130!!!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I love the setup, it's such a fantastic idea (and carry water for a wc on that tank would be a pain in the arse! lol). I must be old school, I still carry my water by hand :p

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I love the setup, it's such a fantastic idea (and carry water for a wc on that tank would be a pain in the arse! lol). I must be old school, I still carry my water by hand :p
Your still young, you probably look at it as a workout. I am an old man now, officially middle aged. I look at it as a sore back the next day :P

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Your still young, you probably look at it as a workout. I am an old man now, officially middle aged. I look at it as a sore back the next day :p
Hahaha it is a bit of a workout doing a water change :p especially carrying the 25L bastards! You're not even close to old, don't try and play that card! I would definitely be doing automated water changes too if I could haha