Tank Journal Archive

Mar 10, 2014
Moved Tank! Jan 2014 What A Challenge
So my plan is to show you what I currently have and where it's going to end up in a year or so once I have finished building my new home with a whole new system. At the moment this is my redseamax 250 which I began in 2008 but just recently moved house so yes the tank had to move as well. I outsourced the move to my reef store who I have been dealing with since the beginning and they did a fantastic job......so difficult as they had to get it into my apartment up 3 flights of stairs.
So it's been running now for 3 months - no losses! But have a nitrate issue 20p average so algae is a bit of an issue....mostly due to the amount of natural light in my apartment. Hope you enjoy my pictures

Attachments

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Good on you for hiring someone, now that I've moved mine once on my own I'd definitely consider hiring nxt time. Can I ask what it set u back as a rough guide of what sort of costs are involved in professional tank moving?

Mar 10, 2014
Yes sure. We'll I had to move 2 tanks as I also have a smaller 130ltr Buyo and also remember it was a difficult move as there were a lot of stairs. Cost was $900 which I think was so worth it. They started at 4pm and didn't finish until after midnight......

Mar 10, 2014
Thanks heaps! A pellet reactor? Need to investigate.....yes it's a nem....had her for many years....was the size of a 50c piece when I first bought her......feeding her too well I thinko_0

Mar 10, 2014
So what I have on my tank is a chiller, nitrate filter and a custom skimmer - deltec I think.....would love to add led lighting but not to bothered at the moment as I am planning a much bigger custom tank to be built into my new house....then will consolidate my 2 tanks

With bio pellets, you want the water that exits your reactor to come out or near your skimmer suction. There is a video by "two little fishies" founder that explains why. If you cant its certainly not a big issue but for waste removal i do it and would recommend it.

Mar 10, 2014
Sweet. So this replaces my nitrate filter but I don't currently have a sump running the redseamax max 250... Can it sit outside the tank?

Bummer, not outside as the beauty of this reactor is that it has its own pump, pellet movement is circular and not fluidized bed type. This means you never get pellets going up and getting stuck up the top. It doesnt clog and no pellets sits still causing amonia.

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Great Idea to out source the Tank move , When moving house its stressful enough without worriying about your tank.
I am sure it would take at least a day to move the tank , thats a day you dont have when moving.
Tank is look great BTW.