Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Moving On !
Well its been sold ! Yes our tank that is now 15 months old has been sold, to a lovely bloke whom I know will love it as much as we have.
It has been a great tank, no major issues, steady and stable at all times and a great way to learn. We have had minor hiccups along the way and thanks to to every single person who has suggested, hinted, ranted and advised us along the way. We wouldn't have been able to do it without the REEFUGE !
Fulltank.jpg

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
What led to the decision to sell? Plans for a bigger tank; or a better tank? Most people like to keep some of their livestock when they move to a new tank??

Please make sure the new owner knows about The Reefuge :)

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
What led to the decision to sell? Plans for a bigger tank; or a better tank? Most people like to keep some of their livestock when they move to a new tank??

Please make sure the new owner knows about The Reefuge :)
New owner already knows about the reefuge. Loves it. Sure I will see it in the future. We have ordered a new tank & now we know a little more about the hobby we are designing one that suits us a little better. Should be arriving in about. 8 weeks hopefully. Am looking forward to starting new as this one was bought second hand to see if really wanting to stay in hobby before we spent a fortune. Love this hobby and the new tank will be around for a long time. Will start a new journal when we start the build. Will once again be relying on this site to help us. Don't worry questions will be coming !! Lol

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
P.S. Will be keeping some livestock and selling some too. Haven't made final decisions on what stays & what goes just yet. !

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
You definitely need to get another tank and do another amazing scape!! :)
lol. We are going to try to get something similar, only trouble being is the next tank is going to be a peninsular and I have heard that flow can be a problem with the weir and power heads all being at one end, so we think that the scape will have to be around the flow instead of the flow around the tank, if you understand what I mean. lol We have bought the new Maxspect Gyre, hoping it will do as it promises but that still remains to be seen.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
lol. We are going to try to get something similar, only trouble being is the next tank is going to be a peninsular and I have heard that flow can be a problem with the weir and power heads all being at one end, so we think that the scape will have to be around the flow instead of the flow around the tank, if you understand what I mean. lol We have bought the new Maxspect Gyre, hoping it will do as it promises but that still remains to be seen.
Peninsular tanks are amazing!! I personally am a big fan of them :)
Yeah, flow is definitely tricky with them as they blow away from the weir due to it all being on one end. I think having the gyre could be a huge solution as long as you have it pushing away from the weir along the bottom of the tank and it circles back along the upper layers of the tank :) Does that make sense? lol

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Peninsular tanks are amazing!! I personally am a big fan of them :)
Yeah, flow is definitely tricky with them as they blow away from the weir due to it all being on one end. I think having the gyre could be a huge solution as long as you have it pushing away from the weir along the bottom of the tank and it circles back along the upper layers of the tank :) Does that make sense? lol
Yes that was our thoughts, and one of the reasons we purchased the Gyer. I just am worried it wont work because we are once again placing the rock down the middle of the tank with equal swim space front and back. Do you still think it will work on the bottom ? Is there any chance it will work on the top ? We are having a weir that is 2.5foot wide. Tank dimensions are 7.2 x 2.5 x 2.5 ? Other plan may be to buy another and have one each placed vertically either side of the rock ?