Tank Journal Archive

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Mtg Tj Feb 2015
Time for an update...

Tanks going good levels are stable with phos at a constant 0.00 havent actualy had it this low this quick before guessing due to the good quality base rock. Few fish have been added few coral have been added

Fish
- Flame angel
- Orchid dottyback
- Yellow accessors
- Bicolour blenny

Shrimp
-Redline cleaner

Corals
-Plating purple acro
- Birdsnest (not to happy)
- Green Hammer
- Zoas

Im going to make this tank with my favourite corals again. Primarily hammers and zoas, With one or two nice plating acros the zoas may take over them tho!

Fts pic to come

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Once the cube settles in, I'm gonna try my hand with some acros. I can get a box of 24 small maricultured colonies out of Fiji for about $600 delivered and apparently they are pretty hardy pieces.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
So you change a light bulb on your car and we get 48 pics on face book and yet nothing on this?

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Look forward to seeing some pics mate.
Love plateing & table Acros.
the rate of my lazyness isnt going to help the acros thats why i have decided to stay away from a full sps system i just dont have the time!

Once the cube settles in, I'm gonna try my hand with some acros. I can get a box of 24 small maricultured colonies out of Fiji for about $600 delivered and apparently they are pretty hardy pieces.
that sounds preaty good! cant complain about that!

So you change a light bulb on your car and we get 48 pics on face book and yet nothing on this?
hahaha fine ill take some doesent look anything nice right now tho needs 6 months easy before im not embarrassed of it :P

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I know that feeling, in still early on in the grow out and feel pretty embarrassed

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I know that feeling, in still early on in the grow out and feel pretty embarrassed
i dont even want to look at it right now :P in saying that its hard to the algae on the glass grows so quick diatoms in only a couple of hours! haha

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I just went look back over my November photos, the only thing that has grown is coraline over the glass and my favorite goni to leo's tank

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Matt , just read through your entire journal and have to say that it is awesome.
Now can we get some photos please, I dont care if it is of the stainless steel cable that the light hangs off or a photo of your sump or aquarium filter floss..... something at least to get me through to the next instalment.
:worship

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Matt , just read through your entire journal and have to say that it is awesome.
Now can we get some photos please, I dont care if it is of the stainless steel cable that the light hangs off or a photo of your sump or aquarium filter floss..... something at least to get me through to the next instalment.
:worship
haha fine mate ill take a few pics nothing to interesting to show tho!! not much has changed except some algae!

Photos are currently being processed with heavy saturation and over exposure....bare with him
i will kill you!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Hahaha, saw a three by three on the weekend and thought about you. Look forward to the photo shoot results.

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Has been some time sins I have been on here. Glad to see your up to your old tricks and look forward to seeing something amazing. Remember :poidh