Tank Journal Archive

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
oh them things, I've seen them before, yes they may be good, but as this system is designed to run just upbove the output, im not sure if it will work properly.
only one way to find out though haha.

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
well i now have to hit the hold button on this tank, remove rock and sand, then pester all the tasweigens for help, as it looks to be thats where im heading for uni

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
What?! Cool ... and sucks to be you running a marine tank over there, sounds like it's tougher than here that's for sure.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
So you are off to Launceston - there is apparently a new LFS opened up in Beauty Point, in conjunction with Seahorse World, which is supposed to be OK

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Well I decided that the tank will not be moving with me, as I will most likely be coming back to the mainland every few months, and I will only be in Tassie for a period of about 6-8months anyway.

So to save it rotting away in a box I decided to get it wet and run it untill I go

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
some new shots, looking to maybe add another rock ontop of this little group in the corner, thaughts? Also added another 50W heater as for some strange reason one heater just wasnt cutting it. and a pump that outputs 480LPH bringing the total to 780 LPH, which makes a nice flow. Also looking for some LED glue to make up a little light using my old LED's as i just feel like doing something before i go away.
IMG_3234.JPG
IMG_3235.JPG
IMG_3236.JPG

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
well i made up an LED for this unit.
2red, 2 cyan, 2 white, 1 UV, 6 blue.
the output over the tank, looks the same brightness as the standard lights, but i daresay the PAR readings would be greatly different

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
found a way to hang them/hold them over the tank, i think it looks good, however the lighting is a little read, but i actulally dont mind it as it is also really blue, its a strange look, the majority of the colours apart from the red blend in really well