Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Neeeewwww Fishies
Oh boy, oh boy, do I have an update for you guys!! :D lol after I got that list of goodies that were coming in, they came in but while they tried to steal the show, as per usual Christian and the guys at Sustainable Reefs made sure that was not the case!! Holy balls was there an overload of goodies!!

Just check out this bloody sps tank the next morning from the shipment!
as25.postimg.org_pe2ta7uun_20170826_103038_01.jpg

There was just soooo much to choose from but because I was there on fish business I only stole two bits, one is a very interesting piece that has some really delicate growth that I can't wait to see what it does and well.... then there's this bit....
as25.postimg.org_6kh0d7wmn_20170826_103026_01.jpg

The real winners for me though was finally getting myself the most gorgeous c. isoceles. I'm just ecstatic about him!
as25.postimg.org_rg3aogstr_20170826_155246_01.jpg

And I was finally FINALLY able to sort out and pick up my cherry magma wrasse!!
as25.postimg.org_iow9u79in_20170826_155227_01.jpg

Both the newbies went in and were eating pellets and live brine with gusto straight away! I have to say I'm over the moon! Here's a quick shotty video of the tank just before a clean and water change so please excuse the mess!

And lets finish off with an FTS :)
as25.postimg.org_ru981t2b3_20170827_171747_01.jpg

Andrew B

Mar 14, 2015
Kangaroo Ground
Looking stunning Dom, seeing these wrasse in person really showed their beauty! If they look like that when they just arrived i cant wait to see how they look once they settle in :D

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
WOW Dom. When your new wrasse dont disappear into your sandbed for 3 months then you're doing something right.
They're acting like they've always been in the tank :) It helps that there's absolutely no aggression from the other wrasse so they were in, settled and eating after about 10mins lol

Looking stunning Dom, seeing these wrasse in person really showed their beauty! If they look like that when they just arrived i cant wait to see how they look once they settle in :D
Hopefully as I increase the range of food I feed, they'll all get better and better!

Meh, I feed those exotic wrasse to my goldfish once a week!:D
hahaha they'd have to be disco goldfish by now? :P

wrasse... meh :p

But that pink tipped SPS! Wow!
Yeah it blew my mind, I think Mark was going to make me take it anyway haha but when I saw it and instantly said put it aside he just laughed and said that was happening anyway :P

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I pick up my isoceles this Saturday... this post is makes me feel very impatient!
Hope it looks as nice as the one you have.
Did you order it in or was it right place/right time?
haha you should be very impatient! If yours is a male as well then you'll be in luck with colours! lol the females are a little less colourful but that's most wrasse and they turn male eventually lol
I get looked after lol I didn't order it but was sent pictures and hints when it was ordered from the supplier :P

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Good to know, seeing as I had a standing order at Deer Park for a male isosceles. Clearly they don't want my business.
Please don't think that's the case at all. The guys have known I've wanted one for years now and I speak to them on a regular basis about what we have access too. You're not the only one that has wanted one too , there's about 3 or 4 others I know of that were asking about them. I'm also at Deer Park once a week and probably annoy them ever second day so they really do know exactly what I'm chasing.

What I'm saying is that while I specifically didn't ask for it, it's been a long standing ask from me for one. You don't have all time favourites without your local store knowing about it :) Please don't feel like I'm queue jumping or getting special treatment or that you're any less valued than anyone else that visits the store.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Who's going to get upset for me buying another wrasse today? :P this gorgeous Katherine's fairy wrasse is another that I've wanted for a while!
20170902_132025.jpg

I was tempted by the flame wrasse that were at Deer Park but same complex as the magma so no go :) gorgeous transitioning sub-male and female :D
20170902_130402.jpg

Some very tempting corals though!
20170902_130604-01.jpeg