Tank Journal Archive

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
New Fish
Had a bit of a splurge at the LFS today (with the wifes permission) and picked up 5 Lyretail Anthias (1 male and 4 females)
and a female Bellus Angle.
so I think I am now completely restocked after the incident a couple of weeks ago

P2070248.JPG

P2070212.JPG

P2070247.JPG
P2070215.JPG

P2070240.JPG

P2070221.JPG

P2070243.JPG

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
beautiful. I dont know anything about them but heard they need lots of feeding ? is this correct ?

suta42

Aug 13, 2011
sydney
Very nice pick up Darren.
Interesting how females in most Genicanthus species are more attractive than the males... :p

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
Stunners mate! :D you'll have to keep us informed of how you find your bellus :)
Thanks @Wrangy, the LFS was a bit cheeky, I told him I was interested in the Anthias and the Bellus, next minute, both in stock for me to just have a look at. No obligation. How could I not get all of them!

parrdog

Sep 19, 2011
Engadine
Love the Bellus mate, awesome!

I just recently got a male and female Genicanthus Watanabe. They are both eating like pigs, eating pellets, flake, all frozen and even nori sheets.

Have fun with 'em :).

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
First night done and everything still seems really happy. Not sure why but I always worry when the lights go out on the first night with new fish in the tank!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Thanks @Wrangy, the LFS was a bit cheeky, I told him I was interested in the Anthias and the Bellus, next minute, both in stock for me to just have a look at. No obligation. How could I not get all of them!
Good to hear everyone made it through the night happily :D I'm always nervy for the first week or two lol
Well you can't complain about not having an awesome lfs then :) and I don't blame you for getting all of them haha you'll be loving the bellus once she really settles in :) Mine is hand feed and if I haven't feed her and she's hungry when my hand is in the tank, she'll pick gently at my arm just to remind my that she's so hungry she's about to die :P haha

Darren S

Aug 17, 2012
Adelaide
These Anthias are much more social than the Dispars I had previously, they were very shy and hid every time you went near the tank. These guys are out all the time and if you get close to the glass the male comes up and puts on a macho display.