News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
New Forum Added
Hi everyone,

As you all can see, a new forum has been added with the name "Advanced Reef Related". This forum is to be used for in-depth discussions relating the hobby. This includes scientific discussions and theories. This section is made for the more advanced hobbyists, but I am sure new users will find this information extremely helpful too.

Enjoy.

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Good addition.

I was thinking recently that the Fish, Corals (which I would make just one rather than 'true' and 'non') and Inverts forums should be separated which might encourage more discussion there. Same perhaps with the tank journals ... I feel that sometimes sub-forums inhibit people visiting so often.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Good addition.

I was thinking recently that the Fish, Corals (which I would make just one rather than 'true' and 'non') and Inverts forums should be separated which might encourage more discussion there. Same perhaps with the tank journals ... I feel that sometimes sub-forums inhibit people visiting so often.
Hi chimaera,

The Fish / Corals / Inverts forums were moved to save room on the main page. However, I think your suggestion for the tru and non corals is a good idea, they will be merged shortly. Thanks for the suggestion.

The tank journals is only temporary, as a new system will be replacing it soon, so that is something to look out for.

Thanks.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i have a suggestion.
for the TJ sections could we combine it all into one section and give threads tags for their size. this would create less directory's and be easier to manage
EG have it like the WTS SOLD FS, etc but have it as , either PICO, NANO, MEDIUM, LARGE

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
i have a suggestion.
for the TJ sections could we combine it all into one section and give threads tags for their size. this would create less directory's and be easier to manage
EG have it like the WTS SOLD FS, etc but have it as , either PICO, NANO, MEDIUM, LARGE
MTG love that idea. I have a slight preference for viewing nano tanks, but not so much that I don't want to view the other sizes also, and this would make the entire forum more active and easy to navigate.

I guess you could do that in other sections too, eg FISH, INVERTS, CORALS. Not sure how much of a headache it causes TR to do that kind of thing though =0)

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
i have a suggestion.
Hi MTG,

It seems everyone has great ideas today. Keep posting.

Yes, this will be implemented as soon as the tank journal system is put into place. All journals will be found in a journal forum (not visible on the mainpage, but from a link in the navigation menu), and all of the journals will have a prefix. In addition to that, users will have their own dedicated page if they have more than one tank journal. Journals updated will be displayed in the sidebar, so there will always be the latest TJ update visible.

Thanks.

Reactions: MTG

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
MTG love that idea. I have a slight preference for viewing nano tanks, but not so much that I don't want to view the other sizes also, and this would make the entire forum more active and easy to navigate.

I guess you could do that in other sections too, eg FISH, INVERTS, CORALS. Not sure how much of a headache it causes TR to do that kind of thing though =0)
Hi chimaera,

I am not fond of the idea of merging those forums. Each is a different subject matter, so each should be in its own forum. If forums keep getting merged, there will be a huge threadlist and it will not look very nice. But for things such as the coral idea, it works.

Thanks.

Reactions: MTG