New Girl In The Tank

Discussion in 'Reef Tanks' started by daveH, Dec 19, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,249
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    Went to get some water from at the Broadwater with @somethingfishy76 during the week and decided to drop into Neilsen's on the way back just for a look. Minus a few dollars later we ended up with me getting a Lipstick Tang I've been wanting for a while and Gerhard getting an absolutely amazing Purple Tang. We both also picked up a small Cleaner Wrasse each, which we both agree ended up being a brilliant decision. The Wrasses immediately went around cleaning and calming each fish and tucked into the nori.
    After a decent acclimation (yeah I know, no quarantine time) the Lipstick seemed pretty happy in her new quarters. The Yellow Tang wasn't all that impressed and gave her a bit of a hard time, but nothing serious at all, plus the Lipstick couldn't give a shit.
    Within 24hrs everyone was happy and cruising around beautifully.
    Both our fish were in excellent condition, fat and healthy. I got my Yellow Tang and Flame Hawkfish from Neilsens also and they have been great healthy additions.

IMG_1328.JPG

They really are a beautiful fish - so gentle and peaceful

IMG_1326.JPG

My little cleaner guy.
    • Love It! Love It! x 2
  2. ReeferRob

ReeferRob Solidarité

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +2,142
    United States
    State:
    Maryland
    OMG NO QUARANTINE!!!! ZOMGWTFBBQ!?!?!?!?!? :D

M and I love our cleaners and that tang is pretty damn snappy looking too.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. slin1977

slin1977 Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,124
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
  4. Lesley

Lesley Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +2,227
    Australia
    State:
    South Australia
    Wow, healthy looking lipstick, so nice to see a great specimen come out of an lfs. Congrats.