Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
New Girl In The Tank
Went to get some water from at the Broadwater with @somethingfishy76 during the week and decided to drop into Neilsen's on the way back just for a look. Minus a few dollars later we ended up with me getting a Lipstick Tang I've been wanting for a while and Gerhard getting an absolutely amazing Purple Tang. We both also picked up a small Cleaner Wrasse each, which we both agree ended up being a brilliant decision. The Wrasses immediately went around cleaning and calming each fish and tucked into the nori.
After a decent acclimation (yeah I know, no quarantine time) the Lipstick seemed pretty happy in her new quarters. The Yellow Tang wasn't all that impressed and gave her a bit of a hard time, but nothing serious at all, plus the Lipstick couldn't give a shit.
Within 24hrs everyone was happy and cruising around beautifully.
Both our fish were in excellent condition, fat and healthy. I got my Yellow Tang and Flame Hawkfish from Neilsens also and they have been great healthy additions.

IMG_1328.JPG

They really are a beautiful fish - so gentle and peaceful

IMG_1326.JPG

My little cleaner guy.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
OMG NO QUARANTINE!!!! ZOMGWTFBBQ!?!?!?!?!? :D

M and I love our cleaners and that tang is pretty damn snappy looking too.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Wow, healthy looking lipstick, so nice to see a great specimen come out of an lfs. Congrats.