Tank Journal Archive

Schnecke

Jul 4, 2013
Albury/Wodonga
New Wave Maker - Wp-10
Okay! I thought it was time I upgraded to something with a little more flexibility and generally better/increased water movement.

I just cannot afford the outlay for a MP10 at the moment and I've heard good things about these little pumps (and at less than $70 including shipping, it was a good gamble)

Will update with some tank shots when it arrives in the next week or 2 :)

Stock Photo
amedia.use.com_images_s_2_112b5d2bfa75bf758fde_1.jpg

Comparison shot compared to WP-25 and MP10. You can see the body volume isn't that much different (they should have taken the rear magnet off the WP's for this shot I think, to get a better idea of the in tank projection comparison)
amedia.use.com_images_s_2_112b5d2bfa75bf758fde_2.jpg

Comparison shot to WP-25
amedia.use.com_images_s_2_112b5d2bfa75bf758fde_3.jpg
In no way do I believe they are a replacement for the quality of the MP10, but for the moment, it's going to be better than what I have (although the wave makers I have in there at the moment have really been very good, can't complain, quiet and small) it's time to get more water moving around in there :-)

Last edited:

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I just bought two RW8's and I've got one going and the next one will be added next week and the corals and tank love it already!! Can't wait to see how yours go! :D

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I just bought two RW8's and I've got one going and the next one will be added next week and the corals and tank love it already!! Can't wait to see how yours go! :D
My mate bought an RW-15 or 20 can't remember, for his HL1200....lol way too powerful!

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I've got the Jebao MP25 in the Cade, brilliant unit for the price. I use a cutdown impeller to get the flow down to what suits the tank.
I tried the MP10 but it wasn't quite enough flow for what I wanted.
Can't go wrong with these units for the price, heaps of controls and super quiet.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I've got the Jebao MP25 in the Cade, brilliant unit for the price. I use a cutdown impeller to get the flow down to what suits the tank.
I tried the MP10 but it wasn't quite enough flow for what I wanted.
Can't go wrong with these units for the price, heaps of controls and super quiet.
Sorry my mates was a RW series

Cut down impeller work well??

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
How did you cut down the impeller too?? I'm thinking I might do it for my RW's so I can have both going and not have to worry about having too much flow :)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I could be totally wrong here, but I seem to remember that you can use an adjustable power supply with these i.e. reduce the voltage, to reduce the flow levels? Similar to the Tunze pumps.

This might be a less permanent solution than cutting down the impeller.

Schnecke

Jul 4, 2013
Albury/Wodonga
Yes, you can get additional variable voltage for the Jebao's that are too powerful.

The RW8 is quite big compared to the WP-10 but I can see that they have an RW4 that looks interesting (I didn't even know about the RW series to be honest! Good looking wave makers)

I will pop up some shots as soon as it arrives and goes into the tank :-)

This is the comparison between them:

awww.use.com_images_s_2_3928d3d4d76aaad74fc7.jpg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Are you kidding me!!! Two days after I buy the RW-8 the smaller models come out :p just my luck! Anyone wanna swap for two RW-8's hahaha

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Get the RW if you haven't ordered yet, from what I have read it's a big improvement.

Still can't tear me away from the mp10 for visual aesthetics ;)
I can tell you they are awesome!! Mine works really well :) I'm going to put up an ad for two RW-8 wireless powerheads for the price of two RW-4 (and shipping) because they released them they day after I bought mine haha!!

Schnecke

Jul 4, 2013
Albury/Wodonga
I already ordered the WP-10 and I'm sure I will be happy with it.

If I could afford the 4-5X more for the MP10 I would already have one in the tank :-P but it's just not possible at the moment (being maid of honour in 2 weddings in the next 12 months means that funds are tight! haha)

Last edited:

Schnecke

Jul 4, 2013
Albury/Wodonga
OO, Okay I DID email them to see if I can change my order - But even if I can't, I'll be more than happy with the WP-10 from what I've read.

Will see how I go though!