Help / Suggestions

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @ijg3956,

The search box is located in the top right hand corner of every page. Clicking it gives you a simple search (with a few options, such as search entire board, search specific forum and search specific thread). Clicking "more" will give you even more options to narrow your search such as which member posted it, etc.

EDIT:

Hello @ijg3956,

I was talking to @DavidS early and he came up with a great idea on the problems you may be facing. I agree with David that this is the issue and would like you to confirm it.

The search box is located in the top-right of the page. However, for resolutions under 700px it will not display as it believes it is being viewed on a mobile device. You will need to increase your screen resolution to at least 1024 x 768.

It also may be possible you have a setting in your computer to make fonts easier to read. This would cause issues with how the site displays read and unread text.

Thanks.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Untitled.jpg

I run 1440x900 resolution an no site search function shows for me at all. Only the google pane on my browser but that's not a site search. I have checked multiple pages with the same result.

Can you post a screen shot of where it should be? This is mine.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @ijg3956,

Your browser is zoomed in, this causes the theme to respond when elements go out of view. If you set it to 100% it should work. Right now you have zoomed in more than 100% when viewing.

Thanks.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Ahhhh thanks.

Except that when not zoomed in, I find the text too small. Many zoom to make reading easier & many site adjust to accommodate.

Perhaps the search box could be moved a bit so it still shows?

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello @ijg3956,

I believe firefox has an extension that allows users to format text for websites. That is to say it allows you to increase or decrease text size to your own liking as opposed to using the websites default. This would allow you to increase text size without modifying the elements of the page (aside from text). It should allow you to view text larger and keep the default layout displaying how it should.

Thanks.