Off-Topic

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
I'm not going to get into what I think about forced-choice personality tests :/ Between the inherent biases and forced choice you're better off subscribing to a star sign.

That said, if anyone wants to complete a real one give me a holler ;)

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
I can tell you all about me.

I had a look a the thing and in each panel there were shades of grey of agreement about each statement. I would have to print out the page and decide which number of statements I agreed with most which is BS. Call me a fluffy dragon personality if you like, it won't change me :P

Real personality tests give you an accurate description and depiction of how you are in comparison to other Australian people. So you'll understand that for the average person. The best test I know of that I prefer to use (in my personal opinion) will take around 2 hours to complete. It's very complex. The quicker ones sacrifice validity for speed but are generally spot on.

So again, if you'd like you can complete a real one and compare results.

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I reckon I'd loose interest in far less than 2 hours. My "adult attention disorder" (otherwise known as male mentally multitasking disorder) would cause me to find something more pressing to think about (and probably do), then some of my more obscure personality traits will be conflicted between trying to find answers that won't lead to any additional questions being asked to get it over with quickly whilst actually completing it because I just must complete it, predicting the necessary answers to achieve some random result my twisted mind decides I want the tester to see just so I can see the amused/horrified/confused look on their faces, and just stopping so I can do something more important/interesting/mundane.

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
There are other tests that will only take 45 mins. The longer one takes a while - but if you're wanting a comprehensive profile you've got to answer a lot of questions :)

Josh M

Dec 23, 2011
Dubbo
Laid back doer..... The description is relatively accurate but as @holly said I found lots of grey areas where one or two points were taken from each field so I picked the "more" relevant box

Louise01

Oct 15, 2012
Brisbane
First set of boxes and I was an even 5/5 split between the statements in both boxes.

- Chose the top box and completed the test, result was Determined Realist (most matching me but with grey areas)
- Went back and completed another test starting with the bottom (other) box, result was Reliable Realist (most matching me but with grey areas)

But the two combined sort the grey areas. Im just going to call myself a Realist (but I already knew that!).

I have completed one of those 45min/1hr surveys before (a few years ago). Interesting to do if you can stay focused long enough :)