Tank Journal Archive

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
Planning
So I bought a house and can finally do a permanent (ish) tank. It is going to be a peninsular 185x80x50cm star fire tank which will act as a hall way when you enter the house.

The stand will be custom made to suit the furniture which will be semi gloss white with walnut doors. Furniture gets delivered on 22/1 so then the cabinet maker can come and start working.

sump still in design but prob 75-80 x 60 x 40 2 section sump with ATO container built onto it like my past sumps.

I am not going zeovit on this tank, instead i have a reef dynamics recirculating bio pellet reactor which will house all in one pellets.

Light is a matrix 2 8 x 80W dimtec (still to be ordered when aus supply is available)
profilux 3 will control the rest including dosing etc.

All new base rock is going into this tank, risky with the blue gig which hasnt moved from the same rock for 4 or 5 years.

The initial fill of the tank will be NSW but then back to ASW for WC, this stage will be red sea (blue bucket)

Thats all I can think of at the moment

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Nice ! Just hope your actually prepared for the bloody amount of time spent cleaning glass on a peninsular. !!! They look nice but honestly reckon I have more than doubled the upkeep time from our old. 6 footer. Look forward to seeing the work in progress. Lots of pics please ! Good luck. !

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Awesome mate!! Definitely looking forward to watching this one come together!! Given how amazing your current tank is this one is going to be killer :)

n0rk

Aug 10, 2011
Brisbane
It'll be interesting to see how it progresses Ryan. Hopefully no fun mishaps like the bug spraying go down for this one.

suta42

Aug 13, 2011
sydney
Sounds impressive as usual Ryan :D

Now that the tank is permanentish, whats your plan for livestock???

thepubenator

Competitions Guy
Nov 4, 2011
Sounds impressive as usual Ryan :D

Now that the tank is permanentish, whats your plan for livestock???
Hi Angie,

I will keep my current fish, I would like to get another bandit angel, if i cant may add another 2 regals, not much other fish with exception of another 10 tuka.

suta42

Aug 13, 2011
sydney
Bandit sounds very nice, as do the regals...and the baitfish are great for keeping the angels busy!

All the best,
Angie

parrdog

Sep 19, 2011
Engadine
Awesome mate, congrats on the new house, and I can't wait to see how this unfolds!

Gonna be wicked :D.

Cheers,
Jamie