Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Pretty Much...
So it's been a year since I I tore down the tank and started fresh after I nuked it.
The holiday tank pretty much was a fish only tank for its first three months, the second three were a Siporax bacteria colonising project culminating with the introduction of 18 Sustainable reef frags.
To date 13 frags have completely encrusted the frag bases I made for them. The other 5 frags don't seem to encrust as quickly.

Water parameters have been kept stable since the frags were put in the tank. I have tried Biggle juice dosing for the first four months but kind of stopped for the last two months .
I have stopped dosing nitrate and phosphate for now as the colours are looking good.
The dosing of the above has been replaced with 10ml acro power and .05ml scoop reef roids daily and even occurs twice daily when I get motivated.

Have to say all this feeding is a pain to deal with as the glass gets dirty quickly -anyway I have put off the task for as long as I can by writing this post and having three coffees got to get in and make it ultra presentable.

Any questions?

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Are any of the frags from my place still kicking?
I wish... At that stage my reefing confidence was at an all time low.
I had bought a test Xenia the week before I met up with you Az but that never opened up, it was the only coral in the tank until your frags went in.
The tank went a full tear down and sanitise after your frags melted and died. The fact that I could not even keep your GSP alive was a sure sign there was a toxin present that needed removal.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Crazy aray of Christmas tree worms!
What have your observations been with the additions of acro power?
I feel your pain with cleaning the glass.. Not a spec of algae in the tank currently but I can give the glass a clean in the morning and it's got a 5 o'clock shadow by the time the arvo feed comes round..

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Crazy aray of Christmas tree worms!
What have your observations been with the additions of acro power?
I feel your pain with cleaning the glass.. Not a spec of algae in the tank currently but I can give the glass a clean in the morning and it's got a 5 o'clock shadow by the time the arvo feed comes round..
My opinions.. zeovit amino acid 50ml cost more than 250ml of acro power , I thought why not give it a try. So what I do is soak reef roids in it. So this being the combo , I have noticed darker colours. Saying all that my nitrates continue to read 0.00 but phosphate is 0.05 and that @Mattres is attributed to the coast to coast weir collecting the pellets that drop from the auto feeder.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
My opinions.. zeovit amino acid 50ml cost more than 250ml of acro power , I thought why not give it a try. So what I do is soak reef roids in it. So this being the combo , I have noticed darker colours. Saying all that my nitrates continue to read 0.00 but phosphate is 0.05 and that @Mattres is attributed to the coast to coast weir collecting the pellets that drop from the auto feeder.
Your bio filter is a monster.
Would love to see a FTS :p