Tank Journal Archive

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
Purchased Equipment
This is all the equipment I have running on my tank. I do have some extra money laying around and was wondering if anyone has any suggestion in what i should add to my tank??:)

photo 1 copy.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 2 copy 2.JPG
photo 2 copy.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3 copy 2.JPG
photo 3 copy.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4 copy 2.JPG
photo 4 copy.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Some nice stuff you have there. I would go, in order of priority:
1) A refractometer to measures salinity. The tool you have is very poor for measuring this accurately. Cost: $50ish
2) Some better test kits. Not essential during the cycle but you will need them sooner or later. Salifert for Calcium, Alkalinity and Magnesium ($50ish for those three) and a Hanna Egg for Phosphates ($60 alone but you will get your money's worth over time)
3) A media reactor to run some phosphate media. The TLF150 is always a popular starter, cost $70ish.
4) Some granular activated carbon in a media bag. Cost $notmuch

Otherwise you should be okay for a little while. You can always look at upgrades, but what you have should be good for now.

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
Great I was looking at getting both the refractometer and media reactor.

Just ordered the refractometer, some media bags, and pH buffer.:)

What are peoples opinions on UV sterilisers?

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
Ok got a parcel of goodies today.

The bulk of it being a refractometer. Got it unwrapped immediately and tested it out. Really impressive how much easier and more accurate it is.

Also got the reef builder and a few more 300 micron bags.

image.jpg

What do you guys use to feed your corals and what phospaspate removal product?

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
Hey guys got some new stuff.

Purchased shellys kneads it aqua and loctite super glue gel from bunnings to stick the corals onto the live rock.

image.jpg

Also got reef roids to feed the corals seen a few good review on this product so I ill give it a try. Going to give target feeding ago. New to this so a few pointers will be great.

image.jpg