Tank Journal Archive

hurlza

Sep 22, 2014
Quick Update
So I came back from holidays to the tank running well. A little diatom growth on the sand bed and some hair algae have begun growing, only in tiny amounts. I removed the majority of the live rock to give to a friend. The hitchhiker mushroomy thing (dont quite know what it is), seems to be doing well. Only current issue is that salt is making its way out of the tank and solidifying on the front of the glass and around the rims.
DSC_0305.jpg
DSC_0308.jpg

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I would say that you are getting the salt build up from the micro bubbles popping at the surface. Is the powerhead causing the bubbles?

hurlza

Sep 22, 2014
I would say that you are getting the salt build up from the micro bubbles popping at the surface. Is the powerhead causing the bubbles?
No I don't believe so, my friend thinks it could be the filter over flowing and then slowly dripping around the tank

E

ezza

For the salt buildup, just get a clean sponge or paper towel and moisten it with some cheap white vinegar and wipe that over the area to clean it off. I get a mineral build up on the same area of my freshwater aquaone aquarium. It's just the only place the moisture can creep out of, so it does.

Oh and if you watch where the water flows from those holes in the overflow area, you may even see the leak. I have the same thing if I fill the tank up to the join area between the clear and black acrylic.

hurlza

Sep 22, 2014
For the salt buildup, just get a clean sponge or paper towel and moisten it with some cheap white vinegar and wipe that over the area to clean it off. I get a mineral build up on the same area of my freshwater aquaone aquarium. It's just the only place the moisture can creep out of, so it does.

Oh and if you watch where the water flows from those holes in the overflow area, you may even see the leak. I have the same thing if I fill the tank up to the join area between the clear and black acrylic.
Awesome thankyou :)