Reef Discussion

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
Red Sea Max 250 Owners
So before I got dragged into hospital I pulled my 2 x return pumps from rear of tank to clean. I noticed the left side was only 1500lph red sea but right was a 2000lph ehime. What are your thoughts on the 2 pumps like this or am I better of replacing both.

Second how did you go braking skimmer in and did you get lots of micro bubbles from right hand retune pump.

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Hi ryan,

Hope all is well with the hospital visit.

Sorry i have not had experiance with this skimmer or the tank but thought i may try and help. Both pump brands are good in my opinion. Do boyh pumps run the flow rate for the skimmer?

My skimmer i ran for 24hours in a water and vinagar mixto clean any maufacturing contaminants and to break it in. Seamed to work well as started skimming almost streight away. This is if the skimmer can be removed. I thought it would be gor cleaning pu t posses?

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
Hospital is ok result aren't good.
The 2 x pump returne the flow from rear chamber into main tank the tank and skimmer are second hand and skimmer has just the own pump

megsez

Apr 29, 2012
sunshine coast
Hospital is ok result aren't good.
The 2 x pump returne the flow from rear chamber into main tank the tank and skimmer are second hand and skimmer has just the own pump

I wouldn't be to worried about replacing the pumps then if they are both working as they are both good brands and as long as the flow rates are not higher then specified by red sea. The micro bubbles may settle down once the skimmer beds in. My skimmer produces bubbles but it is in a sump and the baffles stop the bubbles getting to the display tank. I had left my tank for the past 2 1/2 years due to being to busy and i am now in the process of restoring the system to its former glory so my skimmer has only been up and running for a week and its not producing to many micro bubbles out the outlet any more now that it bedded in.

I did some google searching and found a great thread that has a heap of places to start looking at to reducing the bubbles. Not sure if I am allowed to put i link in so let me know admin if you want it removed.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/rsm-250-micro-bubble-help.73473/

Not good about results either good luck with what is going on. Let us know if you have a win with the bubbles