Reef Discussion

Shaun3350

Feb 19, 2014
Shepparton
Resun Chillers
Hi everyone

I'm looking at blowing the tax return on the tanks (again). Last summer I lost 90% of my stock due to stupid 40c days and no chiller.

I've been quoted about $750 for a chiller in Australia. But can get 2 resun chillers and jebao pumps on fish street for $730

Just wondering if anyone has used them for a long time or do they just not last long or do the job.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I have a brand new (tested once) Resun CL450 if you want to cut your costs down a little more? $250

Okay now that I've got that aside I've heard they last really well and certainly get the job done :) Longevity on them seems to be pretty good by all the accounts I've heard too :) Hope that helps mate :)

Sep 24, 2013
Palm Beach
My resun chiller has been running for 7years and I had to replace the thermostat once and the capacitor twice.
They aren't the best on the market, but arguably the best for the buck. I would buy one again anytime.

Chiller technology is pretty simple and there isn't much the expensive brands can offer, that the cheaper ones can't.

riley

Apr 25, 2013
GYMEA BAY
I've rang a resun about 5 years. pretty good chiller if you ask me i moved to a Hailea and i can not tell the difference however my resun was starting to get extra noise after 5 year but i never serviced the thing.

Shaun3350

Feb 19, 2014
Shepparton
I have a brand new (tested once) Resun CL450 if you want to cut your costs down a little more? $250

Okay now that I've got that aside I've heard they last really well and certainly get the job done :) Longevity on them seems to be pretty good by all the accounts I've heard too :) Hope that helps mate :)

Looking at a 650
Thanks though...