Tank Journal Archive

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Right The Start Of The Journy
Ok so got the tank, removed the disgusting white edging and also washed it all down. Also pulled the tank ill be using for a sump out of the shed its 40x50x30, and holds about 60 L I also figured the tank will only loose 30L from where the outlets are now, but i plan on adding some form of surface skimmer to it so in the end it will only lose about 10-20L max, if not much much less than that.
As for the stand, im going to do one about 800 high, maybe a little shorter, as im not sure i want to go much higher with a tank of this caliber. I will also do a matching hood to cover up some of the very thick bracing and to also hold my lights in. Humm what else. This will be a build using the lower end gear, not because im stingy but being a uni student, unless its a really really good deal (100 buks) for a second hand something, it will be utalising lower end gear. Rightyo, i think thats all for now, when i get a chance/find a camera i shall upload some photos

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Ok so got the tank, removed the disgusting white edging and also washed it all down. Also pulled the tank ill be using for a sump out of the shed its 40x50x30, and holds about 60 L I also figured the tank will only loose 30L from where the outlets are now, but i plan on adding some form of surface skimmer to it so in the end it will only lose about 10-20L max, if not much much less than that.
As for the stand, im going to do one about 800 high, maybe a little shorter, as im not sure i want to go much higher with a tank of this caliber. I will also do a matching hood to cover up some of the very thick bracing and to also hold my lights in. Humm what else. This will be a build using the lower end gear, not because im stingy but being a uni student, unless its a really really good deal (100 buks) for a second hand something, it will be utalising lower end gear. Rightyo, i think thats all for now, when i get a chance/find a camera i shall upload some photos
save your bucks for your skimmer and lights - you'll thank yourself later (from one pov uni student to another). Second hand gear will be your saviour like it was for me :)

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
I plan to spend more on the lights than anything else with about 200 buks worth of DIY led's, hopefully i get them over the holiday break, thus giving me something to do at least

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
might be to late, but LEDGROUPBUY did have a black Friday sale (20% off across the board). You could always email Milad. He is a top guy and usually helps out (he gave me a discount voucher to use so I could split a large order into 2 and pay no extra freight.