Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Scape Overhaul
Well I've been seriously lacking in the tank motivation department the last couple of weeks so I've only been doing the very bare minimum. Yesterday I decided enough was enough and went on down to Dave's for some fresh motivation and desperately needed water!

After a good refresher to get me feeling better about the ordeal I got home and didn't muck about! Top up all my dosing containers so they're all full and kicking, cleaned the skimmer and then moved onto the tank! Now that was the fun/tricky part along with being very sad as well :( lol. I removed all the acro's down into the sump as the rescape will result in less disaster when they're not in the way lol :) And I went about rescaping the tank! Took me 4hrs but I'm absolutely loving the new scape and it's worked out so much better than before :)

Sh!tty pics of the new scape too lol
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_RescapeFTS_zpshxl9nm8p.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_AngledFTS_zpsbeh8jgt6.jpg

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Dom,I've said this to you before, you were never destined to keeping an average reef.

This new reef will set you challenges , especially since you have only recently decided to stick your sticks in there.

Fingers crossed you find your mojo mate.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Dom,I've said this to you before, you were never destined to keeping an average reef.

This new reef will set you challenges , especially since you have only recently decided to stick your sticks in there.

Fingers crossed you find your mojo mate.
Thanks Nils, that means a lot and certainly helps keep my eye on the prize!

Damn right about that, lots of up's and down's so far and some less than enjoyable learning curves but it's getting there :) Hopefully by the 12 month mark mid year we'll have some special cranking again! The rescape has helped a lot with the mojo and all the comments I've had have done a great deal for me :)

Why the rescape mate I thought everything was going well?
New scape does look very nice though!
Everything was going really well then we hit the biggest sps bump in the road there is :( so all the acro will be residing in the sump for the 6-8 weeks for ease of access but there will be more on that in the next update :) This meant I could use it as an opportunity to redo the scape :)

The rescape was because I wasn't happy with a few elements of the scape and the lack of space that it had. The main reason though was I wanted the fish to have more caves and hiding places for them, especially my much beloved little pinstripe basslet as he's such a curious fish and with more caves I get to see him a lot more frequently even in the last two days :)

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
I like the new scape better :)

Had me worried in the first picture I was like where is the giant clam!

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Ah I've just seen on RC, that sucks big time mate. But u have the passion to fight em!
Okay nice, I'm sure they'll love u for all the new places to explore.
And once your acros are back it will look unreal again!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Ah I've just seen on RC, that sucks big time mate. But u have the passion to fight em!
Okay nice, I'm sure they'll love u for all the new places to explore.
And once your acros are back it will look unreal again!
RC is the only place I've update with that as they deal with it frequently! I'll be posting about it once I've dealt with it so I don't get knuckle head input! Haha

For anyone else curious, my thread, the scleractinia Shallows on the RC sps keepers has details of what's going on :(

Here was today's first treatment with dettol lol
20170116_180416.jpg

The sump is a little crowded with my prizes that I'm keeping through the endeavour! Lol
20170116_191410.jpg

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Yup good call, that section is like one big super talented, intelligent family haha
The ups and downs or reefing, you'll get it sorted!
Good luck mate