Tank Journal Archive

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Setting Up The Neptune Apex
So far not much to report, having a few issues with it that don't seem to be affecting anyone else.

I read up on a way to try reset all the modules and the Apex to default to try get the issue resolved, I will probably try that Friday as I've taken the day off ad plan to have all the fiddly things niggled out.

Here's some pics of the cable management though :)

Cable Management (1).JPG

Cable Management (2).JPG

Might still look a little messy but I haven't finished yet, and compared to this photo below...I believe I've come a long way lol.

DSC_0780.JPG

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Ok so I can't give you screenshots as yet as he controller is at my Gfs house and I haven't configured the port-forwarding to let me log into it remotely.

In total (so far) I have/had 4 issues and they are/were:

1. No CD in the box - @Ant2k7 uploaded the files to a cloud service for me, thank God he owed me a favour lol.

2. Unable to connect to Apex using the ApexBrowser tool - Apex was preconfigured to 192.168.1.50:80 even though it was on a router with the gateway 10.0.0.138 and DHCP was configured on the Apex. Rebooted the Apex and Router, then set a static IP to the Apex and then searched again and then turned off static and used DHCP. Problem Solved.

3. Signed up to Apex Fusion and linked the Apex to it but unable to get it to come up as connected - this is more than likely due to the fact that I haven't configured port forwarding.

4. When trying to configure the Outlets my drop-down doesn't show EB6_X - EB being the suffix for the EnergyBar and X being the number of the socket. Mine shows a random list of numbers (eg, 85_157) when it should be like (eg EB_1). When trying one of them to see if I could do it by operation of elimination, I found that they don't really talk to the board.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
So I logged a support call with Neptune late last night and received a response really quickly telling me exactly what my problem was and how to fix it, even though my description of the issue was a little poor lol.

Will be trying it Friday, I will post it in another thread in case anyone has the same issue in the future.