Tank Journal Archive

Adzski

Nov 21, 2011
Melton
Slight Rescape + Removal Of Equiptment.
Hey everyone.

I purchased a Gold torch yesterday when i picked up my Rowa Phos.
Still hasn't really came out to much as i been moving things around in the tank hopefully tomorrow ill get a good picture.

Slight rescape happened to make room for new torch coral.
ok so now to the main reason for this post.
I ditched my skimmer as it is just useless and IMO is a peice.
now i am considering getting another skimmer but not sure what to get? so i want peoples input and experiences with skimmers with Nanos.
also i am going to get another phosban 150 and run Bio Pellets.

is it worth getting another skimmer or should i just run another 1 or 2 reactors? was thinking calcium and bio pellets

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I'll jumping here again with my recommendation for the AquaMedic Turboflotor 500 Blue.
Brilliant, brilliant skimmer, easy to setup, easy to clean, pulls heaps out, super quiet and well priced ($168)
Check them out, you'll be suitably impressed.
I've run one for two and a half years with no problems at all, and just bought another one for another tank.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
If you like the look of the turboflotor 500 I may have a spare unused one around ;) Hit me up about it if you'd like :)

Adzski

Nov 21, 2011
Melton
I'm still thinking whether i want to run a skimmer again. thinking of just running multiple reactors instead.

Also i got a new trachy coral this morning from deer park aquarium. will pictures soon just waiting for the gold torch to come out fully. its coming out very slow, to sure if its my lights and it needs to adapt or something.