Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Some Good Some Bad
The good - The tank is looking pretty good at the moment. All my SPS have taken off well under the new lights, without me managing to burn anything. I've started some rolling chaeto in the sump with a grow light, that seems to be getting a go on.
The bad - just lost my beautiful blue clam (Melbourne trip purchase). Don't know why, I had another clam next to it that is going gangbusters - go figure). Also lost a very expensive Ric that I got for my last birthday, ouch! Again, another Ric just near it has doubled in size.
All my other less expensive corals are thriving - I guess that's just how the game goes!!!

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I don't do clams so I don't have a clue, but when you figure out corals and clams let me know so we can cash in on it. I had 2 colonies of Green Slimer that came in from Bali, both maricultured corals. Both went like gang busters for the better part of a year. 1 is still doing great and is approaching 500mm and the other up and died 2 weeks ago. Same vat, same light and I don't have a clue. One thing I've noticed is a lower amount of iodine than what's recommended is better. Even in the soft coral runs I dose at 1/2 what's recommended and everything looks good.