Tank Journal Archive

Jake89

Aug 17, 2016
Nowra
Some Slow Progress.
Been making some slow and steady progress. I've added some fish and a much needed CUC to the tank. Current occupant include 2 occy clowns, a lawn mower blenny, 2 sand sifting starts, 3 nassarius snails 1 trochus snail and about 15 turbo snails.
20170531_173115.jpg
also decided to start a fuge / frag section. It has been set up for maybe 3 days now. I may need to get a bigger return pump to get a bit more flow through the sump.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to add to the fuge? I'm thinking about moving some of the sand from the display to add to it.

I'm finally starting to see some coraline growth in the tank. I've been keeping calcium, alk and magnesium fairly high in an attempt to promote coraline growth put I don't think it has made any difference.

Ben Daley

/dev/null
Dec 23, 2016
Melbourne
I suggest a cool critter / sump monster.
Adding a bit of rock rubble might help to get pods/mysids established.

Jake89

Aug 17, 2016
Nowra
I suggest a cool critter / sump monster.
Adding a bit of rock rubble might help to get pods/mysids established.
I want to get something cool that my daughter would like. Wouldn't mind a mantis shrimp. Decent live rock is hard to come by around my area.

Ben Daley

/dev/null
Dec 23, 2016
Melbourne
Awesome, I'm sure your daughter will like a mantis, they are endearing little psychopaths.

We have a G. chiragira in the fuge, unfortunately he stays in his burrow most of the time.
If you can find a G. smithii apparently they are more interactive and stay small.

Look forward to seeing what you do - we're in a similar situation and I'd like to plant a variety of macro and probably add a serpent star.