Tank Journal Archive

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
LOL seems ok, just doesn't move and is loosing its feet. Other than that though....

Just kidding man, I know what you mean - it looks healthy from the top. What temp is your water? I always thought those stars were like a 23 max temp type deal?

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Hey mate.
Starfish are a notorious problem , I think they starve to death in the common aquarium.
Something to try if your willing , put it in a section where the fish cannot get to it (maybe your sump).
then add a strip of algae and let it slowly graze on it

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
LOL seems ok, just doesn't move and is loosing its feet. Other than that though....

Just kidding man, I know what you mean - it looks healthy from the top. What temp is your water? I always thought those stars were like a 23 max temp type deal?
haha yeah i think they are i took it from a friend when he shut down his system i dont normaly buy them as i know they have short life spans in captivity

Hey mate.
Starfish are a notorious problem , I think they starve to death in the common aquarium.
Something to try if your willing , put it in a section where the fish cannot get to it (maybe your sump).
then add a strip of algae and let it slowly graze on it
Sadly i had to give him the freeze as he was playing with the water quality to much. Hes in a better place now! he had been starting to fall apart for a few weeks and didn't move for a week or so not sure if it was already dead or not

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
That looked like a Biscuit Starfish to me. Very beautiful.

I have found them many times in Sydney, but have never kept one as I know they are temperate.

Reactions: MTG