Tank Journal Archive

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
--- Stock Loss --- :-(
9th Aug 2012

Last night marked the end of my Chromis.
As the lights went out for the night my wife noticed the Chromis settling down into his hiding spot the the night.
What was strange was the 4 worms hanging from it's side.
I tried to "save" the fish by poking it out/brushing the worms off but it was to little to late.
There was bare flesh hanging from the side of the fish where the worms had started eating him alive. Not sure if it was weak or sick but everything else about the fish appeared fine. I haven't seen the fish today and suspect I won't. At the rate the worms were going it wouldn't have been there for more than a few hours over night.
The worms actually "chased" the fish as it tried to move to a new hiding spot - it didn't have a chance and I couldn't catch it to remove it (although i suspect even if I did it would have been to far gone to survive)
Nature at it's worst I guess.
R.I.P Chromis.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
10th Oct 2012

Clam problems - Arrrrrhhhhhh

See http://www.thereefuge.com.au/board/threads/clam-not-doing-so-well.4913/ for the log of how I did.

Aside from that and on alighter note here is the "lost" coral from Rob - found it, attached it to another rock using a rubber band a few weeks ago.

View attachment awww.imagerocket.net_photos_1349860909_lost_coral.JPG

And some nice Zoa's (although my photography skills don't do them justice) I picked up from gazman33 on MASA

View attachment awww.imagerocket.net_photos_1349860909_new_zoa.JPG

the tile was on a rock, but somehow found it's way to the bottom. I'll put it back up when I figure out where I want it.

Last edited:

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
29th Oct 2012

And on a sad note I went to fill up my RO top off last night and found my 6 line had decided to floor board surf. I couldn't have missed him by more than 1/2 hr I'd say as the body was still damp....:( Will defintely get another as they are a great fish. Will be missed.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
26th Arp 2013

Bad news on the PB tang - passed away after about a week or so (from memory). I'll try a larger, fatter one next time I think.