Tank Journal Archive

Ranibranch

May 30, 2015
Deception Bay
Stupidity >_> (long Post Ahead!!)
  • Did a water change yesterday and forgot to turn the heater back on. Worried all day and night as to why my corals were slightly unhappy until I stuck my hand in the tank today and noticed the cold. Aaarrgh! Everyone is happy now.

• Bought a new hunk of LR, a tiny baby Frogspawn :3 and a little stick with some green morphs on it today with a mystery red blob that I thought was a morph, (though not like one I'd ever seen - it looked different in the store!! It was flat like the other morphs with a tiny yellow/green centre...) Anyway, it had detached itself when I got home so I GLUED IT DOWN and now I think it's an anemone so I potentially glued a freaking anemone to a rock. It looks happy though. It was only a smidgen of glue so maybe it will detach itself? >_> Here's a photo...(a shit photo)

IMG_456560118.JPG
  • Also, I purchased another Aqua Medic LED light-stick thing and a 3x1 blue bulb. Colours are popping now - so I'm super happy about that! (But not in this photo because it's a crappy iphone photo and my caffeine hands can't take a steady shot :p)

• Another stupid thing I did yesterday was when I was cleaning the pump - a flat bit came off the end of the impeller and I panicked - but the pump is working okay so fingers crossed. Gah!

• My skimmer is producing micro-bubbles like crazy. Can't figure out why. Arrghh! >_>

Am I a stress head? O_O

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Don't worry... I've spilt water three times and once fish out my guppy colony cage today.
As for your nem being glued I kinda going through the same stress as I fragged my zoas today , would you believe virgin fragger here, I can say that I seriously glued some polyps down too.
Done the same thing as you with the heater a few years ago.

Ranibranch

May 30, 2015
Deception Bay
Dang, it was so pretty too where I stuck him. :p I hope he doesn't visit the pump in the back sump. >_> He's a fast little thing. Can't believe I bought an anemone (and paid for a morph - I'll let them know next time - I feel bad) and thought it was a strange looking mushroom-thing. Total noob.

Update 2: My partner fixed the pump - it was being noisy because I'd misplaced the little rubber bit on the impeller shaft and hadn't noticed >_>

Update 3: Skimmer is still producing a shit-ton of bubbles but I have done several small water changes in the last 24 hours - to counteract whatever was over-activating the skimmer.

Update 4: Corals are super happy right now! Not sure if it's the new blue light or the warmer water. :p

Update 5: My partner has told me to step away from the tank and SIT DOWN. :p

Ranibranch

May 30, 2015
Deception Bay
Good news that it can walk, lol! I was sitting here trying to think how you could get the glue off so hopefully it hasn't taken the glue with it
It left the glue behind. There's a little anemone shaped film of glue where I GLUED it. :banghead It's buzzing around the rocks now. >_>

E

ezza

Consider me entertained :) More pics!! MOOOOAAAARRRRRR!!!!

hoangii

Feb 2, 2013
Footscray
Did u use anything else other than superglue? Like putty to glue the frags down onto the rock work?. Putty makes my skimmer go crazy for a while but settles down

Ranibranch

May 30, 2015
Deception Bay
Did u use anything else other than superglue? Like putty to glue the frags down onto the rock work?. Putty makes my skimmer go crazy for a while but settles down
Prime and Stability yesterday after a water change, skimmer and pump clean, filter media change/rinse and Coral Glue today. I've done several small water changes in the last twenty four hours so maybe it's just too clean? >_> (I was worried Prime was over-activating the skimmer so I was diluting it with water changes...)

Maybe I should do a massive feed and dirty it up a bit. :p

Anemone update: He has found himself a nook and is hiding in it. Probably upset that I glued it to a rock. >_>

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
[QUOTE="Ranibranch, post: 165193, member: 2332"Can't believe I bought an anemone (and paid for a morph - I'll let them know next time - I feel bad) and thought it was a strange looking mushroom-thing. Total noob.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bother telling them - they sold you a bleached anemone and made you pay for it! ;) Should have been free IMO. It looks like it has some pale colour in the middle which is good. Feed it regularly and it could well colour back up again and recover.

Ranibranch

May 30, 2015
Deception Bay
[QUOTE="Ranibranch, post: 165193, member: 2332"Can't believe I bought an anemone (and paid for a morph - I'll let them know next time - I feel bad) and thought it was a strange looking mushroom-thing. Total noob.
I wouldn't bother telling them - they sold you a bleached anemone and made you pay for it! ;) Should have been free IMO. It looks like it has some pale colour in the middle which is good. Feed it regularly and it could well colour back up again and recover.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what sort it is. It kind of has nipples like a BTA but I've never seen one with a bright red base and green tentacles. Some research brought up H. Magnifica but that has long tentacles. I'm just glad I didn't kill it. >_>

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
@Ranibranch I have 2 green BTAs with bright red/pink feet. So it is normal.
He is badly bleached, but his foot is attaching and looks stong. feed him every day for a few weeks. I have bought a number of bleached BTAs and they have all recovered over time.
Good luck.