Tank Journal Archive

Tom H

Jan 3, 2016
Gisborne
Sump Update
I bought a second hand Kamoer 3-channel doser back in April, and finally today I have it up and running.

I spent a long time deliberating over the best place to mount it, and then spent weeks designing and building a little shelf that would have taken most people half an hour to knock together! I then had to drill and plumb my dosing containers and finally... here it is!

image.jpeg

I'm dosing the Aquaforest KH, Ca/Mg and Reef Mineral Salt along with the 4 Components Strong trace elements.

I've also picked up a second hand Tunze 6040 for the sump. I know there are mixed opinions on flow in the sump, but I was having a lot of surface buildup in the skimmer section, so I thought I'd try to get a bit of water movement down there.

Bonus FTS:

image.jpeg

Still a long way to go to get the tank where I want it, but it's getting there slowly!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Looking great Tom :) certainly a lot better than my cabinet was ever organised :P lol
As Nils has said this is going to grow into an absolute gems mate! It's got the markings of greatness :cool:

Tom H

Jan 3, 2016
Gisborne
Looking great Tom :) certainly a lot better than my cabinet was ever organised :p lol
As Nils has said this is going to grow into an absolute gems mate! It's got the markings of greatness :cool:
Thanks Dom! I'm actually thinking about a full re-scape. Up till now my approach has been to buy whatever looks cool, then just chuck it in the tank! It's worked ok, but I think I'd like to start again with a bit more of a plan. i was at Deer Park yesterday and got to see the new aquascape Dave is working on, so I'm feeling inspired!