Tank Journal Archive

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Sun Coral
I will show the progress of my Sun Coral here. I hope to have its polyps out during the day or at least when I am home to see it.

29 July 13
suncoral29_7_13.jpg

2nd August 13
First sign of any polyps showing.
suncoral020813.jpg

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
So I have been doing daily feedings at about 8pm. I think the coral is starting to get the idea as its 'puffing up' and tonight it showed the first sign of any polyps during lights on. After lights out the coral comes out a lot more.
Here is a pic in the container that I float in the tank to feed the coral. You can only just see some of the polyps starting to peek out.

suncoral070813.jpg

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
So I have been doing daily feedings at about 8pm. I think the coral is starting to get the idea as its 'puffing up' and tonight it showed the first sign of any polyps during lights on. After lights out the coral comes out a lot more.
Here is a pic in the container that I float in the tank to feed the coral. You can only just see some of the polyps starting to peek out.

View attachment 17580
It's looking so much healthier, nice one!

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
Looking good. They are really interesting to get them growing and feeding well. I have had some success with a small coke bottle with the bottom cut off and feeding thru that on location. It saved me the hassle of moving the coral every few nights to feed it.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Yep for about half an hour. I will do this until the polyps are out every night. Ill update with a picture soon.