Tank Journal Archive

hoangii

Feb 2, 2013
Footscray
Hey was wondering how is the yellow tang going in your tank? Always love one but thought they need a 4ft tank min for swimming.

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
I
Hey was wondering how is the yellow tang going in your tank? Always love one but thought they need a 4ft tank min for swimming.

It's just on loan to see how if it will help with the GHA

http://www.thereefuge.com.au/threads/green-hair-algae-and-live-rock-die-off.8065/#top

It seems happy though, he is constantly nibbling on the rocks, glass and sand.
And darting through the holes in the rocks.
Very enjoyable fish to have in the tank, even though its only for a short time.

hoangii

Feb 2, 2013
Footscray
Yeas I like how active looking they are. Maybe I will invest in a really small one because I like how they look when I find one. I do have a small algae problem but not as bad as yours.

It's just on loan to see how if it will help with the GHA

http://www.thereefuge.com.au/threads/green-hair-algae-and-live-rock-die-off.8065/#top

It seems happy though, he is constantly nibbling on the rocks, glass and sand.
And darting through the holes in the rocks.
Very enjoyable fish to have in the tank, even though its only for a short time.

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
It seems only after a short time of introducing the chaeto and yellow tang, to help combat the algae I'm finally taking the lead. There are still large patched patches of some. But now I can actually see some rock :)

image.jpg

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
Defiantly less green algae, still a small but remains, the colour is more brown though which from what I've read means less nutrients for the algae.

image.jpg

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Good to see you are getting on top of it - must people that use fresh live rock will have a GHA problem at some stage so you are not alone.

Please don't leave the Yellow Tang in there for too long :)

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
Going to be hard to let him go. but its for the best. If the algae keeps disappearing at this rate will be gone at the end of the month. :(