Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Tank/sump Update - 2
First of let me start by saying, never under-appreciate your sumps!! :stop I am over joyed having one back online! lol
I finally have it running, the weir set, big skimmer running, frag tank cranking, ato going and my media in the sump and the tank feels AT LEAST a 1/3 bigger :bounce3: lol. I just love the nearly completed look now!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_2363_zpsjothvplf.jpg

It's also peace of mind knowing that what goes in is definitely coming back out now! lol just two days worth:
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_2378_zpsvneeojpi.jpg

The tank looks like a mess but the sump, big skimmer and my two strombus and army of invisible snails are seeing to that with good speed lol
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_sumptFTS_zpseo0el7yz.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_sideshot_202_zpswfshshkd.jpg

Looks pretty bare with no anything in there lol zoa garden is in the works and acro's will fill it nicely ;) Speaking of acro's my tester frags are loving life to the max! lol PE errywhere!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_20160908_093051_zps86mx1ace.jpg

AAANNNNNDDDDDD the bit I've been waiting years for is the FRAG SECTION :O holy crap it makes life easier and it's going to be pumping very soon! lol
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_2372_zpsasgjstke.jpg

No messy frag racks in the DT anymore
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_2374_zpsfpsar4xp.jpg

And I can play and tinker till my heart is content!! :D
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_2375_zpsyp2ubnho.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_2376_zpse8liezgs.jpg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Mmmmm 10L of nutrient processing goodness and the cloudiness that comes with it from the dust lol
20160909_154918.jpg

20160909_154932.jpg

There's another little someone who is as avid a reefer as I am too! I think Piggles is happy he has a tank he can look at as well now :D
20160909_155230.jpg

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Piggles looks very content! :)
And lord all mighty once that matrix kicks in you'll be going through bottles of nitrate and phosphate to keep up! :p haha
Cant wait to see your selection of exotic fish zooming around them acros :)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Piggles looks very content! :)
And lord all mighty once that matrix kicks in you'll be going through bottles of nitrate and phosphate to keep up! :p haha
Cant wait to see your selection of exotic fish zooming around them acros :)
He is very content in his spot lol
With the way I'm feeding and want to feed I think it should make for a nice balance ;) lol neither can I mate, neither can I!

I think the tank is missing something....... Rhomboid & basslet. ..... ?
You're nearly as bad as Dave! He sends me pictures of him every so often just to remind me haha I cannot wait to get those two!!!

Tom H

Jan 3, 2016
Gisborne
Looks bloody great Dom! Do you think algae growth on the matrix will be a problem with the frag tank light next door?

I think I'm even more excited than Piggles to watch this tank get cranking.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
i think it is actually missing the jellybean......View attachment 54946
That's you're not getting any frags!

Looks bloody great Dom! Do you think algae growth on the matrix will be a problem with the frag tank light next door?

I think I'm even more excited than Piggles to watch this tank get cranking.
Thanks Tom :) I'll be working on a little divider to stop the light spillage so it's not a problem, that or even a small black acrylic lid for that section so it's completely dark even.

I'm going to get a few small colourful fish for the frag tank just for him to watch as he will absolutely love it! lol

Andrew B

Mar 14, 2015
Kangaroo Ground
That's you're not getting any frags!

Thanks Tom :) I'll be working on a little divider to stop the light spillage so it's not a problem, that or even a small black acrylic lid for that section so it's completely dark even.

I'm going to get a few small colourful fish for the frag tank just for him to watch as he will absolutely love it! lol
still worth it :P