Help / Suggestions

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Thankyou - Edit reason no longer mandatory.
Just a quick thanks from the edit function no longer "requiring a reason". I'm really anal about spelling but with a dodgy left arm, I'm a poor typist and this was driving me crazy.

Not sure why you changed it back but glad you did.:worship

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Have to say it's a nice little change.
I type too fast and usually miss words, so I'm prone to wanting to edit it after posting.. usually quickly. Was kind of annoying to do the edit, submit, have the error pop up, then go back, press edit, then fill in the reason then resubmit. :D

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Did anyone actually read the edit reasons? I think I wrote random words in the edit reason box :)

'vspec'

Aug 26, 2012
Melbourne
I glaze over the normal writing, let alone edit comments o_0

On a serious note, we did remove this setting for you guys, but secretly in the background we are storing the number of changes for the annual 'dumb dumb' meter that will reside next to your avatar. Dont worry though, its on the anniversary of your join date and will only display for 5 days every year!
Anger management.gif

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I never added anything in there and it never stopped me editting? Always assumed it was in case you wanted to add a reason, not that you were required to add one
Weird.. not sure if it was specific forums that required it or what, but it was defintely there. If you didn't fill it in, you'd get an error, then it'd go back to the forum... if you hit edit again, it'd pull back your post with the changes so you could try to submit it again.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
yer but I never added any is what I am saying :P

I always saw eddited by xxxxx reason: xxxxxxxx and always wondered why people bothered adding reasons when you didn't have to

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Ant obviously has super special admin powers that us mere mortals do not.

Or he didn't edit a post during the several month period that this was mandatory ...

Cosby

May 14, 2013
Perhaps we could adjust the settings so that a post only shows up as being edited if its adjusted 10 minutes after it was initially posted.

I know that on other boards I post and moderate that you can fix typos a few minutes after posting and no one is aware.