Tank Journal Archive

izzywitt

Oct 21, 2013
The Beginning...
I present THE POND!!!!

After my last nano system went haywire and kept overflowing it was time to move on. I picked up the poly pond from Bunnings and transferred all the stock that night. Today I finally got around to filling it fully up as for the last two weeks it was half way and new lights arrived today as well.

I still need to get a powerhead, probably Jebao RW but for now a DC3000 is providing water movement and for skimming I have a Tunze 9006.

I have a very low amount of corals currently but I plan to expand my collection, growing them to trade and sell with other reefers eventually. I've already started fragging some small zoas colonies I had and a SPS colony as it began to STN :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

I plan to update any new additions here and some tips for fragging hard and soft corals and CORRECT shipping methods for live coral.

Anyways onto some pictures...

coral.jpg

Nicest morph i've ever come across, pic is when I first got it but it has settled in nicely.

DSCN2029.JPG

The setup...

DSCN2031.JPG

DSCN2030.JPG

DSCN2039.JPG

izzywitt

Oct 21, 2013
That morph is astounding!!!!
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it.

when i am next in Shep area to see my cousin i will let you know :), it is looking really nice and i love the morph
Okay! Cheers :)

Awesome morph! Wicked setup too, love the pond!
I wanted to go the bigger 6ft x 3ft pond but just didn't have the space :banghead

I think you know which soft coral to frag first @izzywitt.......
Haha, I think I know the one ;) Frags of this particular one will only be for trades at the moment, I want to expand my stock with some rics and other cool soft corals.

Andrew B

Mar 14, 2015
Kangaroo Ground
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it.

Okay! Cheers :)

I wanted to go the bigger 6ft x 3ft pond but just didn't have the space :banghead

Haha, I think I know the one ;) Frags of this particular one will only be for trades at the moment, I want to expand my stock with some rics and other cool soft corals.
also if you need anything let me know as i can and will happily get you something, as i am guesing the closest fish store is far away

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
Have 2 of those exact ponds just sitting empty in my green house, was thinking of using them as a frag system in my greenhouse! Now you are motivating me!