Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
The Big Wet.
There is nothing better than anticipation, got to fill the display.
Got to visit the LFS for more supplies, got to get it up to temp, got to add salt. Add scape, Zeo bac .......etc etc
Let's slow down and enjoy the ride. We will get there.

Keep producing that RODI ! going to take a few days to get the DT full!!!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
go to the beach and collect it. wont take so long then...that's what we do !
I used to do that when I was a keen bean, got tired of lugging water containers on a 2 hour round trip to decent clean water.
Even though I live 5 mins from the water.
What really changed my attitude to collecting NSW is if you head out to sea and you get to the 12 to 20 mile mark, that's where I would fill my buckets.

With two big river systems on my doorstep, the Hawksbury and Sydney harbour, the water quality is pretty turbid at the best of times.

E

ezza

Especially after the storm of the century the other night. I wouldn't be collecting anything for a while.

A kid was bitten by a shark today at Avoca which is one of our local beaches. I was there yesterday and as I sat watching the surfers I was thinking about how with the rain flushing so much into the ocean this week, and the chop churning it all up like a blender the fish would probably be very active and subsequently sharks along with them. Gloomy messy water that reportedly smelt "baity" according to the newspaper. It's a recipe for disaster in a small aquarium or to humans swimming in it.